RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW, I bought a set of jardine forward controls off ebay that were made for the nomad up to 2001 non FI. I got them for $152.50 shipped. These bolt up perfectly and I only had to modify the brake side to get them to work. All I had to do was shorten the master cylinder shaft and turn the lever that hooks to it around. I also had to relocate the reservoir because the master cylinder mounts lower on the bracket. this is also why I had to shorten the rod. If you put a longer hose on it you can keep it where it is. These worked great. The seller must have several sets of these and for the price you can't go wrong. Here are the ones I bought.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=310236793949&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

·
Registered
458 Posts
Do you have pics of them on the bike? Thanks.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've been watching their auctions for 6 months and was hoping to get a set myself. I figured I could make them work. Now everyone will be trying to get them, but since everyone is out of stock on the one's for the meanie, it will make everyone a cheap set. I'd like to see pictures also.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I wonder if the ones for the 96 97 98 KAWASAKI VULCAN 1500 CLASSIC will work too. Look very similar.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Good for you Speedracer. It is nice when you can do modification to make something work where it wasn't originally intended.

I can't even imagine going back to the stock configuration after having my jardines for a while now.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good for you Speedracer. It is nice when you can do modification to make something work where it wasn't originally intended.

I can't even imagine going back to the stock configuration after having my jardines for a while now.
+1 :agree:

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the shifter side will work but the brake side will not. From what I have seen the rear brake set up is different that the nomad or our bikes.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I think the shifter side will work but the brake side will not. From what I have seen the rear brake set up is different that the nomad or our bikes.
Ok. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked up a set off of Ebay just as Speedracer did. 149 shipped. Looking forward to getting them installed.
Did you get the ones that are for the nomad or meanstreak? If you got the nomad all you have to do is turn the arm that hooks to the master cylinder rod over. You will also need to relocate the reservoir or get a longer hose. Also on the shifter side the linkage will not go all the way on the shaft ( it will hit the side cover ). Just slide it on as far as you can and tighten bolt.

congats on the purchase.

·
Registered
49 Posts
forwards

The guy selling these on e-bay has lots of these left for the Nomad. I am the high bidder on the currently listed set. Its a shame we keep driving up the price against each other. But you gotta love the free enterprise system. Best of luck and hopefully a good deal to all!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice job on the purchase on the Jardines, and the modification; I committed and bought a set for my 2002 MS 2 months ago, and just now received them. There on now, and even the ones made specifically for the your year require a little modification. In my case I had stock running boards on and the brake master cylinder was aprox. 3/4" higher once mounted to the jardines. I fabricated a bracket and all is secure now. On the shift side I had to install spacers to keep the peg and the shifter arms alligned. I am still getting used to them, but so far love them; this with genmar riser have me seating comfortably.

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice job on the purchase on the Jardines, and the modification; I committed and bought a set for my 2002 MS 2 months ago, and just now received them. There on now, and even the ones made specifically for the your year require a little modification. In my case I had stock running boards on and the brake master cylinder was aprox. 3/4" higher once mounted to the jardines. I fabricated a bracket and all is secure now. On the shift side I had to install spacers to keep the peg and the shifter arms alligned. I am still getting used to them, but so far love them; this with genmar riser have me seating comfortably.
To correct the alignment on the shifter side all we have to do is purchase the nomad front splined part. It has an extra long spline because of the heal and toe shifter on the nomad. The part sells for about $38 on cheap cycle parts.
Where did you get the genmar risers? and what is the length?

·
Registered
3 Posts
To correct the alignment on the shifter side all we have to do is purchase the nomad front splined part. It has an extra long spline because of the heal and toe shifter on the nomad. The part sells for about $38 on cheap cycle parts.
Where did you get the genmar risers? and what is the length?
Length of the Genmar risers are 2" and I bought them from cyclesollutions.net, install took around 20 min and all cables had enough slack to allow freedom of movement.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on a set of the Nomad jardines. They should arrive this week. Cannot wait to get them on. Being that I am 6'6" and did not like the stock peg setup, I first changed to the Nomad floorboard, which was a nice improvement and gave me room to move my size 14's around a little while riding. I will post pics of how they look with the batwing and hard bags. Thanks speedracer for giving me the nudge to do this. :notworthy

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally pulled the trigger on a set of the Nomad jardines. They should arrive this week. Cannot wait to get them on. Being that I am 6'6" and did not like the stock peg setup, I first changed to the Nomad floorboard, which was a nice improvement and gave me room to move my size 14's around a little while riding. I will post pics of how they look with the batwing and hard bags. Thanks speedracer for giving me the nudge to do this. :notworthy
Glad you got the jardines, you should not have any problems with them. I am going to change the shift linkage over to the nomad style so the jardines will line up as they should, but it works fine with out.

Good luck

·
Registered
259 Posts
I installed the heel/toe shifter setup on my bike yesterday, so having that longer shift shaft with the dual knurl on it should be just what I need. I will post pics when they get here and I get them installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you get the ones that are for the nomad or meanstreak? If you got the nomad all you have to do is turn the arm that hooks to the master cylinder rod over. You will also need to relocate the reservoir or get a longer hose. Also on the shifter side the linkage will not go all the way on the shaft ( it will hit the side cover ). Just slide it on as far as you can and tighten bolt.

congats on the purchase.
I got the Nomad setup. Thanks fo rthe help.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I emailed the seller on ebay to see if he would give any discount for buying 10 sets, he replied and said he bought all of the closeouts from Jardine for $159.00 each set and would have to get them for them. He said he has been losing money on them since doing the no reserve auctions.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts