RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Got mine installed last night too! It isn't dented, mine is the same way. Kinda annoying that it came with the O2 sensor adapter but not a plug, right now it shoots flames out of that hole... But I do like that is has a simple screw on the bottom to remove the db killer.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mine arrived today. May get it installed first of next week.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looks nice! I think Im going to get one of these. What is the weight difference between this full system and the stock one?

EDIT. Just read thread. About 20 lb difference. Thats what sells it for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It finally stopped raining for a bit yesterday and I got to take the bike out. The exhaust is LOUD! I have the db killer out, and below 3000 rpm's when i'm just going 25 in 2nd gear, I can feel the sound reverberate inside my helmet. Had to keep the visor open. For me, this is great for around town and short trips, I love the noise. But for longer trips the db killer will be going back in. I do get a lot of backfiring when decelerating though, is that normal?

·
Registered
779 Posts
did you plug your o2 sensor bung? my exhaust from brazil used a common one m18 x 1.5
you will need to install ivan's FCE/block off plates for it not to have loud backfiring..

make sure you checked/changed your exhaust gaskets where the header sits on the exhasut port..
there's 4 crushed copper rings.. they are usually just one use.. also adds to loud backfiring if leaking

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea, I plugged O2 port by getting a M12/1.25 bolt at lowes. Cut it down to size and sanded it smooth on the end.

Ok, next on my list is to get Ivan's ECU flash and mods. Hopefully that will fix the backfiring. Just have to wait and see if somebody buys my old bike soon before I have money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bringing an old thread back to life, because someone recently PM'd me asking for a video of the exhaust. I found the video I took a few days after installing it. Do yourself a favor and listen on a good set of computer speakers to fully feel how deep and throaty this exhaust sounds. Phone speakers don't do it justice.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts