RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Reminds me a little of the race can on my Buell Lightning (except thats dual outlet). I kinda like it..................

·
Registered
36 Posts
Reminds me a little of the race can on my Buell Lightning (except thats dual outlet). I kinda like it..................
I'm with you there, I have a Buell Firebolt as well so it seems almost normal to me. I actually think I might get one of these. Can't beat $700 for a full exhaust that sounds pretty good. If I pick one up, I'll probably get the whole thing ceramic coated black though...

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Buell has some very good ideas, and the exhaust has to be one of the best. I think he basically has to do what he did, back then, due to the motor shape he had to work with. That idea has been copies by almost everyone now. Kawasaki moved the shock position to be allowed to run it the Buell way.

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Is the price for real? A full system priced just like their slip ons?

I want one.

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You know what else would be cool....especially on the z 1000...Because of its shape, no need for passenger peg mounts. Eliminate the rear master cyl reservoir and it would give a nice, clean look.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Found the promo code on a FZ-09 forum. Tried it on IXIL's website and it works for the Z1K/N1K, $594.96 with free shipping! I'll probably be ordering one this week when my tax return comes in.

$100 off: P9QO0284H5

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I hope it works out..the pricing makes no sense. Pretty much anyone who makes a full exhaust for these bikes gets 1000 plus. Header is around 700, by itself...

So, if this is right, you get the slip on, and header for 700, shipped? I admit to everyone else being priced very high, but this almost sounds too good to be true....and then 100 off?

·
Registered
39 Posts
That exhaust I don't hate. It rather fits the Z1000 even tho it could use a little less bulk, probably not on the Z1000SX/N1K though. Needs more F117 stealth bomber and less Flight of the Navigator to fit the the SX/N1K.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So I ordered the SX1 this week. Got a quick email response from the company letting me know that it wouldn't ship until late March. Also, the promo code has changed in their system, it is now 10% off instead of $100 off. Still saved $70, it came to $629.95. Unbelievable price for a full exhaust. Any idea if Ivan will make a PCV map for this pipe?

·
Registered
779 Posts
They said this pipe does not need to be mapped as per factory but still better if you do.. i dont think ivan is going to map this kind but it should be same as stock performance so ecu flash and stock exhaust map is what you are going to wait for..

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
If they used the correct header inner diameter, and I'll bet they did, the map for every other exhaust should be just fine.

Our stock exhaust gets a lot of its restriction from undersized headers. I dont see these guys using the tiny header. Why build a new header that was undersized?

·
Registered
36 Posts
They said this pipe does not need to be mapped as per factory but still better if you do.. i dont think ivan is going to map this kind but it should be same as stock performance so ecu flash and stock exhaust map is what you are going to wait for..
Good info. I'll be saving up for that next. Well, after a new set of tires...

21 - 40 of 69 Posts