RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys see this one?

I like the look, but more important, look how it fits in that box area we dont use for anythign else? Good price, too. The price looks like a misprint,

Exhaust - KAWASAKI - IXIL USA

Attachments

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
They offer a duel canister for my 250. If I wasn't going full exhaust I would pick it up for sure

·
Registered
779 Posts
IXIL SX1 update for weigt

stock header and exhaust 14.684 Kg = 32.371 lbs
stock header + ixil dual slip-on 10.279 Kg = 22.661 lbs
IXIL SX1 5.638 Kg = 12.429 lbs

IXIL SX1 with DB killer on 3rd gen Z1000

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
That idiot has an electric front wheel clamp!! I have never seen one before. Thats pretty sick.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wish it had a bit of a backwards rake to it. Don't like the 90deg straight out of the side the way it is, and it's boxy. Both of those to me makes me feel like it's a little cheap and unfinished. Granted I'm sure they did because someone sat down looking at it and thought real hard about how they could make a "cool" and "different" exhaust. Design inspired by a shoe box with a toilet roll attached to the back.
I'd probably be in love with it if it carried on the stealth fighter look of the Z1000(SX) with a rear ward rake and angled fairing type dealy with it rather than the shoe box carbon fiber cover.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Wish it had a bit of a backwards rake to it. Don't like the 90deg straight out of the side the way it is, and it's boxy. Both of those to me makes me feel like it's a little cheap and unfinished. Granted I'm sure they did because someone sat down looking at it and thought real hard about how they could make a "cool" and "different" exhaust. Design inspired by a shoe box with a toilet roll attached to the back.
I'd probably be in love with it if it carried on the stealth fighter look of the Z1000(SX) with a rear ward rake and angled fairing type dealy with it rather than the shoe box carbon fiber cover.
The problem with those side photo's is ... that you will mostly never see a bike like that in real life.
I like that it fully tucked away, and it would seem to fix my lean angle problem too (exhausts touch first atm).

Just curious about the db output and dyno chart.
If they can produce the same values with such a tiny exhaust, then it makes me wonder why they still have a big one in moto GP etc ...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Newest pics posted by kobi reinforce the shoebox toilet paper roll I see. The whole hard 90deg angleness of it to me makes it look like it doesn't belong on any bike I've ever seen, a serious aftermarket job. Like a Honda with a trash body kit on it.
edit:
I'm legitimately pissed off this thing exists now. Seeing more pictures and thinking more it's so close to being awesome and yet went the exact wrong direction. I hate lazy work more than you can imagine and I feel like whoever made it just said "**** it that'll do" Rectangular paniers are one thing, but other than those where does a rectangle look good on a bike?

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The problem with those side photo's is ... that you will mostly never see a bike like that in real life.
I like that it fully tucked away, and it would seem to fix my lean angle problem too (exhausts touch first atm).

Just curious about the db output and dyno chart.
If they can produce the same values with such a tiny exhaust, then it makes me wonder why they still have a big one in moto GP etc ...
Thats a great point, Moto gp would love to get rid of the side pipe, if it were possible. It has to be bad for aerodynamics, right, to have the side pipe/pipes like we have?

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The "box" they are using looks like a one size fits all. I notice no dedicated bracket. Probably an additional one bolts on , then to your bike.

I think this is fairly common for slip ons. I wonder just how much goes into sizing a slip on to be bike specific???? Header? Sure...but from there?

Moto gp is an interestign comparison. A nice hollow tube, titanium, exhaust is very, very light. I think the entire length gets too long when you exit under the seat.

In the future, exhausts will look like this vs the traditional styling. That box would be cool if it had an exit on both sides. Plus, it would be nice to throw that metal cover right into the trash.

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
This is obviously more of a "Looks" exhaust than a "performance" exhaust.

As such I think it wins. I, as another has already said, don't love the angle of exit. If it came out at a 45 rather than a 90 I think it would satisfy more of what people think an exhaust system should do. And for a "looks" exhaust that is a big part of it.

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Definitely. I get that its a budget system. It this thing just has a funky shape. Not that its really ugly, its just odd looking

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
You are Baked Boss...

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
I love your dedication...lol

1 - 20 of 69 Posts