RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Corbin this morning - only 5 weeks to get all the way from the USA to here !

Will install it tonight (Fri) and if it's not raining, try it out tomorrow (Sat). [Can't ride tonight, going to be on the turps because of friends coming round to dinner ]

Thanks to all who recommended this via posts etc, and special thanks to the guy who set it all up ! (can't remember who :( )

Scott
:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, the Corbin seat is everything I expected - and more. Very comfortable.

But interesting to note that (a) the seat is considerably heavier than the OEM version, (b) with the firmer foam, I feel much more of the road surface coming through and (c) the casting work is rougher than I expected, but everything still fits OK and it looks great.

Haven't yet tried it with my wife as passenger - waiting for the rain to stop. I'm trying to convince her that it's my Xmas present to her but I don't think I'm going to get away with it.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Some women are just hard to please :laugh: I have a hard time trying to convince my wife on issues like that also.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also noticed that by being able to (in fact, having to) sit further back subtly alters the rider/bike relationship, so going slowly is a little more difficult unless you consciously lean forward and relax your arms, to let the bike do the steering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts