RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...than you planned on. I wanted to check out FM362, classified as "twisty" on the motorcycleroads.us site-about 80 mile round trip. It had a couple of good 40mph curves, but not that twisty IMO. At the end of 362, I decided since I was almost to FM3090, why not. I know that one is a blast, but some of the twists and turns can be a little scary-the kind I like. So I had my thrills on 3090, and rode it back to double the fun. Then stopped and ate at the Wrangler Steakhouse in Navasota. It was close to sunset when I left the restaurant-and getting cool. Thankfully I brought the inner liner for the air mesh jacket. Got home right at dark(165 miles today)-a good thing since I didn't bring the clear faceshield with me. I can see with the tinted one at night, but only in urban areas where the road is lit up good. The weather was perfect and it was a good, fun ride. Don't you just love those days?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ii cant comment on the above accept thanks for the website link. ive been using google maps to find good roads to ride. motorcycleroads.us has become my new favorite site i think :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
yep, gotta love that. I went out on a solo ride for a little while a few months back, I was almost back to the house when one of my usual riding buddies passed me heading towards the roads I just left. I swung around and did the route again with him and another bike, fun all over again!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey TopGunz, have you tried highway 563 in Mississippi north of Baton Rouge just over the LA/MS line? I was over there back in May and enjoyed that one.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Sounds like you had fun. Exploring is one of the best parts of motorcycling for me. I learned a long time ago to never leave home without enough supplies to spend the night somewhere, and for the changing weather / lighting conditions. I guess that is why every one of my bikes has some kind of luggage.

I remember freezing my arse when I was young because I went out in the heat of the day and came home after dark. The area of FL I lived could experience 40 degree changes in tempurature.

·
Banned
679 Posts
For a minute there I thought the title read "It's great when you ride with your father"...which is a fun experience all it's own for any of you that have been given the chance.

Exploring is fun too though. I try and go exploring at least once a week during the summer so I can find some new roads to share with my motorcycle group.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts