RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seller is asking 4500 and it comes fully upgraded EXCEPT For an exhaust and fuel controller, which I would need to add myself.

It's a 2013 with 2k miles. It have ohlins rear shocks, race tech for springs, gold valves, ssr preload adjusters, steel braided front brake line, ebc pads, woodcraft clip ons, and rear sets, shark skins body, and Scott's damper.

It looks well taken care of. Opinions and any idea what I should offer him?

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
I don't have an answer for you. Not knowing the history of the bike, I would be asking where the original plastics are. I would also assume it was wrecked and rebuilt into a track bike. Granted, some people buy new and turn into a track bike right away, but how will you know that?

You can look up the nada value of the stock bike, and ask for receipts for all the upgrades, and figure out what it is worth to you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Assuming it never went down and was just built for the track, I wouldnt pay anything over $4000. You can find used 300s for low $3000 and just build from there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm assuming it a 300 that went down then got turned into a race bike.

If I could get it for 3,500 would it be a deal? It looks clean and I'm going through a guy I trust, even though I don't know the seller personally I guess he's a good guy.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Does the bike still have a clean title? It is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it. Modifications and accessories really don't add much value to a used bike. Unless of course you were going to build the exact same bike and appreciate the mods that were done and want to pay something for them. Good Luck

As far as insurance goes, you need to call a few agents and see. Get the VIN number from the guy so you can get an accurate quote.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the bike still have a clean title? It is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it. Modifications and accessories really don't add much value to a used bike. Unless of course you were going to build the exact same bike and appreciate the mods that were done and want to pay something for them. Good Luck

As far as insurance goes, you need to call a few agents and see. Get the VIN number from the guy so you can get an accurate quote.
I don't want to spend the $$ buying upgraded parts for the track... I appreciate how it's already upgraded I just don't know how much those upgrades costed the owner.
If this was a street bike I'd go for a stock bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't want to spend the $$ buying upgraded parts for the track... I appreciate how it's already upgraded I just don't know how much those upgrades costed the owner.
If this was a street bike I'd go for a stock bike.
I feel it is overpriced. A race ready 300 will usually go for around 4500 to 5000. That's full suspension done, pipe, PCV or Bazzaz, and even a bit of head work. It really doesn't matter what it cost the original builder, you should not pay premium price for used parts, even if they were new at time of the build.

www.precisionmoto.com
www.timeinthegarage.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts