RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the top speed is down on the late model Ninja 650s, but I was wondering about the performance of the mid range. The Bikez website has also given the late model Ninja 650s below average ratings which has dissuaded me from the notion of trading for one of them. Thank you.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would ride it to be sure. There’s little chance that you’re the same as some of the motoring writers and I often find that they don’t match my experience. I rode a couple of different bikes that supposedly were great and to me they were lack lustre.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can’t see a downside to that unless you’re a top end “wring it’s neck” kind of rider
I don't know about Australia, but in Canada where I live there is a "50 over" law. If you get caught doing 50 kilometers over the speed limit, it's classified as
stunt driving, and you will lose your drivers license for some time I'm not sure how long, you will get fined, and your insurance will go up in price.

I haven't gone over 145-150 kilometers per hour for years; I'm not a "wring its neck" kind of rider.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know the top speed is down on the late model Ninja 650s, but I was wondering about the performance of the mid range. The Bikez website has also given the late model Ninja 650s below average ratings which has dissuaded me from the notion of trading for one of them. Thank you.
I have a fireball Triumph 765, and I still think the 2017+ Ninja 560 is a great bike. It's really easy to launch from a dig, and the steering isn't super crazy quick which makes it pleasantly stable for real world usage. If you duck down and lay into it, 115 mph no problem, which is far faster than I ride (normally 70-75 mph w/traffic). Like other posters said, the latest gen saved weight and is tuned for midrange.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I don't know about Australia, but in Canada where I live there is a "50 over" law. If you get caught doing 50 kilometers over the speed limit, it's classified as
stunt driving, and you will lose your drivers license for some time I'm not sure how long, you will get fined, and your insurance will go up in price.

I haven't gone over 145-150 kilometers per hour for years; I'm not a "wring its neck" kind of rider.
The new bike sounds like it would suit you well.
Australia is the same except its 45 and over youre in front of a judge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts