1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

New rider here, just bought 2014 650 abs,
it has full 2 brothers racing exhaust which is uncomfortably laud,
I was looking that there are silencers for this exhaust, but I guess my bike already has got one?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_8611.jpg

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think you are referring to a DB killer (as Two Bros calls it). I’m not familiar with the exhaust itself so I don’t know if it has one installed or if that’s the stock tip. You would have to take the end cap off and see if it looks like the DB killer or just a fancy outlet.

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys!
Its definitely with silencer,
now I have to decide to sell this one and get other more silent one, I guess its called akrapovich or something like that,
or try to get used to it..

on one hand its good for safety (they don't see u but hear u)
but on the other hand, i'll be thinking I wake up neighbour everytime I start it.

decisions, decisions

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thank you guys!
Its definitely with silencer,
now I have to decide to sell this one and get other more silent one, I guess its called akrapovich or something like that,
or try to get used to it..

on one hand its good for safety (they don't see u but hear u)
but on the other hand, i'll be thinking I wake up neighbour everytime I start it.

decisions, decisions
I just installed the Yoshimura Alpha Works full exhaust (literally just got back from the first ride) and with the silencer it's more noisy than I would have personally chosen. But I don't think there will be a huge difference between these styles of exhausts. You might wanna look at something like the Danmoto models, which if I recall right have a more "blocking" baffle. Potentially you could even double up the normal baffle and their variable sound exhaust.

The real pity is that there isn't any exhaust that will make these 650's sound truly sexy, sadly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Ixil Hyperlow has 2 db killers so you can fine tune the sound a bit more in terms of how loud you want it. If you keep the small drop in CAT and both db killers in it is a little louder than stock exhaust but has a nicer tone. I left CAT in and 1 db killer and no complaints from neighbours

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Repack the exhaust and wear ear plugs every time you ride.

You should be wearing ear plugs all the time anyway to save your hearing from wind noise damage.

I have found that when I bought used bikes with aftermarket exhaust that I ended up short shifting because the exhaust got even louder at higher RPMs. What that meant was that I never truly enjoyed the powerband of the motorcycle.

One bike I bought came with aftermarket on the bike and the stock exhaust as well. I put the stock exhaust back on to sell the bike and sell the aftermarket separately and found that I actually enjoyed the bike better with the OEM exhaust. If I would have put the OEM back on I probably would have kept that bike longer. LOL!

·
Registered
297 Posts
You can buy different inserts from 2 brothers for that can. The 650 is a loud bike regardless of what open end exhaust you put on it.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
The real pity is that there isn't any exhaust that will make these 650's sound truly sexy, sadly.
I disagree. I am no big fan of the parallel twin but my Delkevic 14" Stainless sounded pretty damn good. Had many complements. A couple of cops asked me about the system because they wanted to put it on their police bikes here.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I disagree. I am no big fan of the parallel twin but my Delkevic 14" Stainless sounded pretty damn good.
It really depends what you're comparing it to. My standard for "sexy" is an inline-4. It's only normal for the 650's twin with the 180 crank to sound less refined in comparison.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
I disagree. I am no big fan of the parallel twin but my Delkevic 14" Stainless sounded pretty damn good.
It really depends what you're comparing it to. My standard for "sexy" is an inline-4. It's only normal for the 650's twin with the 180 crank to sound less refined in comparison.
I like the intake sound of I4 engines, not the exhaust. Sounds like swarm of angry mosquitos.

I prefer a baratone sound of a 270 degree crank P-twin or V-twin with single pin crank. Of course with a nicely tuned exhaust.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've found that the longer pipes between 14-18 inches really smooth out the sound of the parallel twin and make them sound much more pleasing and less harsh. I don't think the bike really is a "sexy" sounding bike, it's more of a brute tone. I do love the sound when the 650r is pretty much revved to the max and going full tilt. It's like silly amounts of sound lol

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
I've found that the longer pipes between 14-18 inches really smooth out the sound of the parallel twin and make them sound much more pleasing and less harsh. I don't think the bike really is a "sexy" sounding bike, it's more of a brute tone. I do love the sound when the 650r is pretty much revved to the max and going full tilt. It's like silly amounts of sound lol

The Ninja has a 180 degree crank so it sounds more like a thumper. Parallel twins with 270 degree cranks have more of a V-twin sound.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The Ninja has a 180 degree crank so it sounds more like a thumper. Parallel twins with 270 degree cranks have more of a V-twin sound.
I know that it's a 180 degree crank, the fz/mt07 is a 270 degree and fires like an 90 degree V-twin. I guess I was a little vague by saying "Parallel Twins" when I meant the ninja 650. I loved the sound of my sv650 and love the sound of the fz/mt07.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed a used 2 bros system on my bike. I actually have a 2015 ER6N . It is really loud. I have ordered the P1-X powertip . This is supposed to drop sound about 8db instead of the 4db of the regular tip.
If it doesn't work out, I will have a 2 bros full system with aluminum can of the black series up for sale.
I took the bike out for a spin after I installed it yesterday. Went down some country roads doing somewhat faster than the recommended speed limit. Just before I hit a small town I noticed car coming up fairly quickly on my 6. Did the limit thru the town, man the bike was loud. Looked in my mirror and recognized an unmarked cop car. Just outside of the town he hits his lights. Now I know I am screwed. I pull over, just wondering, speeding or noise or both. He gets out, asks for my docs. Asks what year the bike is and compliments me on it. Goes to the car, checks out my paperwork and then tells me to enjoy my ride as he hands me back my stuff.

·
Registered
216 Posts
WIsh it worked out like that every time i got pulled over :smashfrea

I have the exact same exhaust on mine actually - I wonder if an “x” pipe like on V8’s would smooth out the sound somewhat ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
WIsh it worked out like that every time i got pulled over :smashfrea

I have the exact same exhaust on mine actually - I wonder if an “x” pipe like on V8’s would smooth out the sound somewhat ?
I ended up selling the pipe. Was not much quieter with the other tip. Just be careful when buying the power tip. Mine came in a ziplock bag with 2 rubber o rings. As well i had ordered another powertip. The 2nd one came in a two brothers cardboard box with the o rings. The first one was a poor fit, was really hard to install the cover. I figure it was a china knock off. If i do go with another exhaust, i will go Leo Vince. Their exhaust fits really well and will probably just be a bit louder than stock. Have had their slipons for an R1 as well as for a GSX-750 and was really happy with them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts