RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When im on my 2010 ninja 650 it just feels like it needs more torque >.< i wanna get an r6 i was on my friends and it was amazing it just blows the 650r away. and if you had this problem and you solved it plz help me figure out how :D and i already wanna change the sprockets n chain :D

·
Registered
699 Posts
Go backwards and ride a Ninja 250R like I did yesterday, then ask yourself the same question!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
The R6 also has 2 more cylinders than the 650, plus fly-by-wire throttle (electronic throttle). There's no comparison. It's like trying to compare a NASCAR to a dragster

Two different bikes man, the 650 is great for what it is. It's not a supersport.

·
Registered
164 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the two are actually fairly similar in max torque's, the ninja has 48.5 lb/ft, and the R6 has 47.7 lb/ft. max torque of the r6 comes at higher rev's tho, so it puts out more power due to the fact that the engine is making more RPM. And technically power is = torque X (distance/time).

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
When im on my 2010 ninja 650 it just feels like it needs more torque >.< i wanna get an r6 i was on my friends and it was amazing it just blows the 650r away. and if you had this problem and you solved it plz help me figure out how :D and i already wanna change the sprockets n chain :D
You are confused. The 650R has loads of torque. Off the line it will out accelerate an R6 up to about 40mph, or in a roll at 50+mph in a high gear without downshifting.

If you wanted something "fast" compared to supersports, you bought the wrong bike.

·
Registered
384 Posts
You are confused. The 650R has loads of torque. Off the line it will out accelerate an R6 up to about 40mph, or in a roll at 50+mph in a high gear without downshifting.

If you wanted something "fast" compared to supersports, you bought the wrong bike.
+1

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dropped a tooth on the front sprocket it helped a lot. Good thing about it is that its cheap

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Just come here to Ontario, max out your 650R on one of our highways, the cops will be nice enough to take your bike away for you, and you can then have an excuse to buy the R6 :p

·
Registered
516 Posts
OP bought the wrong bike if he wants to go fast in a straight line. I'm not saying the 650R is not fast because it's plenty fast for going 110MPH on the few occasions I had the urge to make a 110MPH burst and sustain it for 15-30 seconds. This bike does everything I want it to do and probably much more.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It is just you!!!

If you just want the feeling of your arm sockets being pulled from their sockets, you should've bought a V-Max but I sincerely doubt you could handle it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts