RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally figured it out. I have been letting off of the throttle too much when shifting and when i stopped doing that the clunky shifts stopped too!
Hope this helps someone else.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, intermittently. iv'e read many threads about people having the same complaint. also asked mechanics about it when i have had it serviced and was advised my bike was fine and "it does sometimes and that's normal"
now i know how to avoid it completely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ill give this a try same issue here, 2012 650 1500 miles and at times going from 2nd to 3rd its like it stays in 2nd no where elce between the gears does this happen, Dealer said its fine but not quite like it should be that for sure since all other changes are fine.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Make sure you pre-load the shifter before pulling in the clutch and snick it into the next gear. My versys shifts smoothly above 5000 RPMs and is more fun to ride that way.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
most of the time my shifts were smooth with no clunk. esp when going past 5000 rpm but not pulling off the throttle all the way like i used to has made a HUGE difference. yeah its RPM matching but ive ridding bikes all my life and have always shifted by throttle all the way down when clutch was in because it wasnt a problem until i got a 650r.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts