RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are sissybars and engine guards from any other Vulcan interchangable with the Mean Streak?

Thanks

·
Registered
905 Posts
i used a backrest from a vulcan classic just had to do a little bending but i would guess some probly are with some kind of modification

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
I believe the Vulcan 900 custom has some interchangable parts. I also believe that if parts for the 1500/1600 Vulcans also fit on the Mean Streak, 9 times out of 10 they would be listed for the mean streak as well as the classic, nomad, LT, etc.

·
Registered
346 Posts
You may have to do some minor tweaking on a sissy bar...

·
Registered
446 Posts
You can always "tweak" something if there is enough material (to drill another hole, bend an different angle, etc..).
Key is to get measurements from stock & compare to what you want to add (have done this w/Honda and/or HD parts put
onto a 9 & a MS: yea they do fit w/slight modification). This isn't the route for everyone but if you are able & looking
to have "quality" within your limited funds this is an option

·
Registered
9,018 Posts
I should have said that the 1500/1600 classic , nomad, meanstreak frames are pretty much the same except for the upper frame around the tank area and the rear strut area. Like has been said a little tweaking on some parts and all is good. I have forwards from a nomad, exh. from a classic, kick stand from the 900. and we all know about the 1500 classic engine parts i used.

·
Registered
25 Posts
cool... so i see a set of jardines for sale on ebay for other 1500/1600 models that run 200$ cheaper than mean streak ones. I wasnt sure if they would fit but i was thinking to myself the frames looked the same. whatta you guys think?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I should have said that the 1500/1600 classic , nomad, meanstreak frames are pretty much the same except for the upper frame around the tank area and the rear strut area. Like has been said a little tweaking on some parts and all is good. I have forwards from a nomad, exh. from a classic, kick stand from the 900. and we all know about the 1500 classic engine parts i used.
Do you think a 1600 radiator for a mean streak would fit on a 1600 nomad?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts