24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you want to remain legal, check the law in your state. In Texas you have to have your turn signals nine inches apart in the back. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you.

Does the virtual village kit require splicing? I can't tell what some of those pictures show but I can't argue with the price :agree:

Also, I'm actually moving to Texas in about a month or so but I'm in the military and move around all the time...the bike will probably be registered in FL for as long as I have it though so hopefully thatll get me by. I appreciate the advice though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one of these tail lights and it just went out yesterday. I didn't intall it so i thought i would just change the bulb;wrong! they are led so I'm assuming once they stop they are done, right? I don't know what has happened and am assuming I have to buy another one. have any thoughts as to what it could be?

·
Registered
185 Posts
That is one of the pros of having separate lights. You could just get LED signals and install it with your tail eliminator kit, would look cool, minus the headache should they fail (just replace the side that failed).

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got the volar purchased from D2moto. Less than $20.

The red/green blinkers may be difficult to see for some riders. Otherwise it has worked fine for the last 13k on and off road miles.

Dirt Ninja

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sanjoh, that has to be one of the coolest/most unique re-do's of the 650R, well done!! What are some of the mods you did to it? Is that a Z1000 exhaust??

I appreciate the feedback too :alcy:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is what I made from my local hardware store. Only cost me under $10. I still need to clip off the extra length on the bolts though.

I ordered a pair of LED license plate bolts from www.customdynamics.com
They will be here in a few days, I will post pics later when I get them installed.
They are a dual purpose bolt. They will be my amber blinkers and will shine down white light on my license plate so that I am legal.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here is what I made from my local hardware store. Only cost me under $10. I still need to clip off the extra length on the bolts though.

I ordered a pair of LED license plate bolts from www.customdynamics.com
They will be here in a few days, I will post pics later when I get them installed.
They are a dual purpose bolt. They will be my amber blinkers and will shine down white light on my license plate so that I am legal.
where did you find the LED bolts? were they expensive?

·
Registered
615 Posts
just go on ebay and buy a LED tail light from there. they are $20. I have it along with a couple others on here and its worked out perfectly for me.

here is a thread about the integrated tail light.. http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=61142

·
Registered
990 Posts
just go on ebay and buy a LED tail light from there. they are $20. I have it along with a couple others on here and its worked out perfectly for me.

here is a thread about the integrated tail light.. http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=61142
^^^ just like he said.. I bought mine off of eBay after reading the reviews and saw that someone had actually purchased an integrated taillight for the 650R off of them and left positive feedback. I've yet to have any problems with mine. Also it does require splicing.. I just clipped the connector turn signal wires off of my stock turn signals and wired it up to the ITL so I could just plug it back into my wiring on the body of the bike, wasn't a very hard process. Could even link you to a youtube video of a guys tutorial of how to install/wire the taillight in if need be.

·
Registered
199 Posts
^^^ just like he said.. I bought mine off of eBay after reading the reviews and saw that someone had actually purchased an integrated taillight for the 650R off of them and left positive feedback. I've yet to have any problems with mine. Also it does require splicing.. I just clipped the connector turn signal wires off of my stock turn signals and wired it up to the ITL so I could just plug it back into my wiring on the body of the bike, wasn't a very hard process. Could even link you to a youtube video of a guys tutorial of how to install/wire the taillight in if need be.
I bought those and i was able to connect it and everything, but it came with four red hooks (photo below)

SAM_2321.jpg that I can't find where to put them and I tightened all the screws but the light still look loose with a gap on top. Any help (The manual that came with it is in chinese/ or japanese :-( )

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought those and i was able to connect it and everything, but it came with four red hooks (photo below)

View attachment 51570 that I can't find where to put them and I tightened all the screws but the light still look loose with a gap on top. Any help (The manual that came with it is in chinese/ or japanese :-( )
Those are wire connectors/splicers. They don't do anything to physically attach the light to the bike, just to splice wires together.

·
Registered
199 Posts
^^ what he said. And your light is probably loose because you forgot to put the rubber bushing piece in that goes on top of the light between it and the tail piece.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2007-kawasaki-ninja-650r-ex650a7f-us/o/m10047#sch444908

Look at the diagram "Seat Cover"
92161: DAMPER,TAIL LAMP
Part # 876135
Thanks for your comment as well as the diagram. Unfortunately I did put the damper pieces in as well. I'll have to check again and maybe make thicker rubber pieces myself when I get home tonight

1 - 20 of 25 Posts