RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took my cobra tail off so Fuller could have it for redesigning it with embedded led turn signals. I need a way to have rear signals in the mean time, so I finally installed my integrated tail light. I never did like the fast flash, so I installed load resistors at the same time. I was always worried about the heat they generate, and where to safely mount them. I created my own bracket to mount two under the seat. I "accidentally" solved the heat issue at the same time.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378609730.489906.jpg
I used a flat 2" aluminum strip to mount them on, that actually works to help distribute the heat. While I was testing them out to verify how they should be hooked up, (holding in my hand), they would get hot quick. While I verified correct function after mounting and wiring was done, they hardly got hot at all! Go figure.

Brief comment on the resistor hook up. These resistors came with two leads on each end. They are redundant, and they aren't directional. To install, one end hooks to the lighting ground, and the other end ties into, (in line with) the wire going to the signal. I tried my hardest to make it harder than it was. Best part was that the round male connector already on the resistors plugged right into the accessory ground under the seat. I tested the blinkers before even completing the led signal wiring, and it was blinking normal! Works great!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, clean installation. I like it.
I had a brake buddy I was using as a run/turn/brake controlled wired in on its way to the tail when I was running OEM signal lights wired for dual element bulbs. I put quick connectors on to make it easy to remove. Now it looks like a jumbled mess. Thinking about taking those out, solder, and heat shrink to clean it back up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts