RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an integrated tail light on their Z? I want to eliminate the whole fender and blinkers and install the plate underneath the fender. I was looking at the tail light from http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/kawasaki-z1000-2010-led-taillight-with-integrated-turnsignals.html but I'm not sure how bright the LEDs are. I don't want to put something on my bike that isn't as bright or brighter than the stock lights. Let me know if you guys have this tail light or if you have an other suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
funny, I was just looking at the same one this morning wondering the same thing. Ebay has another option also, for $80 w/ free shipping. But it doesn't come with instructions and recommends professional installation. I assume it's because the taillight wires don't feed into a harness. I'd rather go for the plug n play, and just hook up the blinkers rather than cutting off the harness, in case I ever have to change back...
What the hell is taking Clear Alternatives so long?

·
Registered
133 Posts
geanerly LED's are brighter than stock. when I put the CBR integrated tail light on my drz SM it was very bright even in day time .

don't know if this info. helps or not

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I was very pleased with the brightness of the Clear Alternatives integrated brake light/turn signal I put in my 03. I am trying to send them an email now to see when they will have one available for the '10+ model.

·
Registered
233 Posts
They told me that they will be available before the end of the year..
I hope their build quality has improved. The one on my last bike had to be replaced due to terrible soldering work; at least half the folks I've known to use them have had similar luck. They look so freakin' good, though.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I hope their build quality has improved. The one on my last bike had to be replaced due to terrible soldering work; at least half the folks I've known to use them have had similar luck. They look so freakin' good, though.
Really? I've had mine for 2-1/2 years and have had no problems.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
The email address on their site didn't work. I will try again when I have more time.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Really? I've had mine for 2-1/2 years and have had no problems.
Yeah. My second one was going strong for about two years and others never had a problem at all. But about half the folks that used them on the 599 had a failure.

The soldering on my first taillight was inexcusably poor. For the price they charge, it should have been quite a bit better. It might just be because of an old design, I don't know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used an Ermax tail tidy......

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ordered the integrated led tailight and turn signal and the fender eliminator kit from bikemonkey today. I'll let you know what I think once I get it. Now the waiting begins. They are located in Australia so no idea on how long I will be waiting. Hopefully not long.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
another view...

1 - 20 of 106 Posts