RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I pay about $500/year. Then again, I live within the Boston city limits.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
At my age, the best deal I could find for just my ZR-7, fully covered, was through Progressive, for $675 a year. Everyone else wanted over $1000 a year.

Allstate has good rates, too, except you have to insure a car through them as well before they'll insure your bike. I'll probably be switching to them next spring.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
$224 a year. Progressive. Be there. Aloha.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Can't remember (too old) but I'm pretty sure it's under $Aus300 through Swann. It's cheap because I'm old.

Did I mention I'm old?

Also, I was able to show no claims experience over the last 5 or whatever years

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
$225 a year. (That's for my zr7s AND HS sportster) I go through Recreational Products Insurance.....they have great rates. Saved me and my husband TONS O MONEY over Progressive for insuring all 4 of our motorcycles. He rides a ZRX1100, and a Honda RC51, and we have a HD Sportster and my ZR7s. He pays $650 for both of his bikes....so....total, approx. $825 a year for all 4 bikes. I think that's pretty good.

·
Silver Member
207 Posts
$305 / year through Progressive with the MSF discount.

Cars are insured through State Farm, but the agent flat out told me they didn't want the motorcycle policy when he quoted me $954. I thought it was weird because I've had no tickets in forever and only one claim (rock hit the windshield) in the past 5 years. Agent said they are trying to get out of motorcycles in this area (North Texas).... Don't know if that's true or not, but I did take that part of my insurance business elsewhere.

Craig

Details below

50k/100k bodily injury
25k property damage
50k/100k uninsured motorist
2.5k medical payments
500 ded comprehensive
1000 ded collision
road-side assistance

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
I use Allstate for my automobiles. When I asked them to insure my motorcycle they said "Allstate no longer insures motorcycles".

I guess I'll take my auto and motorcycle insurance elsewhere.

The quotes on this thread would be a lot more informative if everyone would indicate the deductible, bodily/property limits, if theft and/or unisured motorist is covered.

Andy

·
Registered
418 Posts
$276/yr through State Farm as my secondary vehicle (yeah right).

Good point Andy.
$1000 Ded.
$50,000 bod./pro dam.
UnInsured Motorist & Theft.

I'm getting the MSF discount (my agents giving it
to me because I showed her my regitration paperwork,
but he class actually starts tomorrow).

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Andy Bajka said:
I use Allstate for my automobiles. When I asked them to insure my motorcycle they said "Allstate no longer insures motorcycles".

I guess I'll take my auto and motorcycle insurance elsewhere.

The quotes on this thread would be a lot more informative if everyone would indicate the deductible, bodily/property limits, if theft and/or unisured motorist is covered.

Andy
Hey Andy, Allstate insures my ZR but the price is too high. I'm going to go with Progressive but leave my homeowners and auto with Allstate (I went to high school with my agent). Tom

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I pay $345/yr through Progressive. But that includes $55 for medical insurance, which I really don't need because I'm already covered through my job. (I told them not to include it but they did it anyway and I was too lazy to pursue it.) So it will be $290 a year when I get it renewed w/out medical.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The insurance companies were quoting me new-rider / new-bike premiums. For 50/100/25 with un/underinsured with $500 deductible, I got a $900 quote from Geico (my auto provider) and $660 from Progressive. ACK!!! I have a spotless record for the past 13 years for heavens sake.

I went back to my old insurance provider, from eons ago, who had record that I've had a M class license from Utah (for 15 years). They said they would take that into account and my premium fell to $225 / year. Hats off to my new State Farm agent who went the extra mile for me!!

500/100K Bodily
25K Property
50/100K Un/Underinsured.
500/500 comp/coll deduct.
5000 medical

·
Registered
286 Posts
Last time I checked, I pay about $400/yr through AAA in San Diego. I have $100 ded. on comp and $250 ded. on collision, and my base amounts are slightly higher as well. Oh and I have un/under insured collision too.

I'll have to look at next year's renewal statement and see if that is what am still paying.

·
Registered
304 Posts
$170 per year through GMAC/Rider Magazine Motorcycle Insurance Plan.

California minimum and just enought to make the credit union happy. $250 ded.

Philip

·
Registered
164 Posts
825/yr for new rider, under 25, full coverage, 500 deductible...

clean record, lots of discounts with allstate. i have 2 cars with them also.

when is it going to drop???

·
Registered
304 Posts
Falcon

When it turns gray and starts to sag...or around 35! :eek:

Philip
ZR-7 and age 37, matching all of the above!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts