RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terrible directions come from this kit.I have the thing almost together but I have 1 piece I have no clue what it's for or where it goes on the shifter side.Have NOT gotten to the brake side. The piece is 7" long and has a hole in both ends one hole has an indentation for the screw the other is flat? What is it for? The kit ca,mes with NO pics to show anything.Basically tells you to "put it together and locktite everything" Nice!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woodcraft

You are right.The pieces do not fit together well.To get the MC to fit in the back top 2 holes I had to remove the spacers and twist the brake hose so that the elbow no longer sits in between the two prong to hold it in place.Not a very nice set up.It works but it's not plug and play like it should be.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
It's was designed for a racebike, with the assumption the installer has
common knowledge.
I've sold well over 20 sets, you are the first to have installation issues.
As far as the brake line is concerned, race bikes use steel braided lines,
not rubber. There is no issue when using them.
Don't bash a company when you're too stubborn to call them, or
follow the advice given by people who try to help.
There is a picture on their website, alone with pdf instructions.
If you can't follow those, you have a problem.

·
Registered
169 Posts
When you mount the rear brake, it goes in the lower set of holes otherwise you will need to relocate the master cylinder a little bit. I had no problems during install, I would recommend searching for my post about rearsets and look at the pics I posted of them to guide you through the install.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may be stubborn but I do NOT ASSUME> I DID call them and not only that recieved jpegs of the rear sets on a bike they had there?It showed the brake cylnder attached to the 2 upper back holes and not the forward 2 holes.I had originally had enough common sense to use the forward holes but then the foot peg sat on the screw holding the brake pedal on.I'm waiting for Greg to get back to me on this.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yes and let me address the PDF file.Really informative.Basically put it together instructions no pics no parts explanation.Not everybody is a born genious on race bikes the PDF file is useless to anyone who has no knowledge of them.Even the guy from Woodcraft admits that the instruction are pretty useless. Even the chinese do a bettter job *<)))..And calling them was an experience too, spending much time trying to understand him and finally he realized he was talking 250 Ninja NOT 650r.(NOT MY ERROR EITHER) At least 3 times I had specified 650R he just was confused.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The 2 different hole sets for the MC to mount to are for the upper and lower foot peg position. You use the upper holes for the upper footpeg config, which is full race setup, whereas the lower and forward set of mounting holes are "street".

I had no issues installing my set using the included instructions. Bolt-on rearsets are about as easy as mods get, instructions or no.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Gogi no offense but if you're having difficulty installing rearsets, you should leave anything maintenance related to a qualified tech. cefoskey's right; this is a basic bolt-on upgrade. Do you even have a torque wrench with the proper range to torque the fasteners?

·
Registered
26 Posts
at least get the name right! It's Woodcraft !

First off... it's Woodcraft! not Wolcraft!

Their rearsets are an excellent product. I installed them with no problem. Yes the instructions lack pictures, but if you read them carefully, and take your time to think about what you are doing, the parts install exactly as described.

lower holes for street, upper for track.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Arguments aside... These things look sweet! But, I take my girlfriend on rides every now and then, and from the looks of the pics, she'd have no place to put her feet... :-(

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Arguments aside... These things look sweet! But, I take my girlfriend on rides every now and then, and from the looks of the pics, she'd have no place to put her feet... :-(
thats been an issue for years. the only set for 06-08s with passenger pegs are the rizomas, and they cost beaucoup bucks.

theres a new distributor from overseas on ebay selling an inexpensive set of rearsets with passenger pegs...for 09+

1 - 16 of 16 Posts