RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I dig you mate. I wish I'm in Australia. It's summer there, right? Nice riding weather. :)

Your bike's case is definitely mind boggling. As such, if I were you, I wouldn't touch the bike any further. Let the warranty make its wonders.

With all the friction and steel plates installed, the clutch pusher should have some play (yes, it's normal) -- which is why I suggested to have the first friction/steel plate removed; in so doing, with the clutch pusher snug to the driveshaft, the release shaft should still be able to grab the clutch pusher.

Currently spring, Though summer is just a knock away. Also i agree. I've unscrewed those damn cover and spring bolts so many times I've just had enough. Also there's a plus I've been looking up and asking a few people and apparently we are allowed to service our own bikes and do our own work without voiding the warranty. After-Market Clutch springs also do not void the warranty. Also you are telling me... i knew i wasn't imagining stuff. It's so weird since before this i was riding it and it seemed good except it was a bit jerky when shifting (especially low gear) hence why i wanted to check the plates but otherwise it was fine.

I wanted to purchase another bike as well and spend 15 thousand on a 2015 636 (I originally paid 11 thousand for my 650), this problem that has risen has made me do a 180 and there's a 99.9% chance i'm going to get something else (another brand).

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hey Kwakka, I drool over 636's and 10R's! Unfortunately, four-cylinder bikes aren't practical here in our pothole-riddled metropolis. So, I will probably stick to my little 650 engine that could (enjoying it!).

I wish you luck in your quest for the perfect bike. Ride safe! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll have to buy a washer, i also contacted my mechanic who also picks up bikes to take a look at it but hes currently on holiday somewhere and will be back very soon. Probably in the next few days and wanted his opinion if i should send it back to the dealers. Also how does something like this even happen? Everything on the bike is stock, and the only thing changed is the clutch springs.

Also wouldn't something like this be under warranty?
Hey I have the same problem how did you fix it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I have the same problem how did you fix it?
It's been 6 years on this post but I hope it may find someone out there
2022 new year same ****, new plates would be too thick and won't fit properly locking up the clutch as if there's no clutch (the pull pin with the new discs has way too much play) old once would rev high, cuz it's worn out.
Solution/fix seems that my clutch hub is worn and scuffed up out of spec and the basket as well, sanding it down so it SLIDES SMOOTHLY and evenly(ky jelly helped;) , I will be updating my findings once it's up n running.

TO THE PERSON THAT MADE IT TILL HERE, YOU ARE A HERO you will get your bike fixed cuz you are determined ❤

21 - 25 of 25 Posts