RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the new handlebars and the only trick to the installation was drilling the holes for the switchs so they don't roll around. In the process I chipped a small piece of paint off the tank. Did any of you ever find a touch up paint that matches close other than COLOR-RITE. I am going to look at the auto store for a candyblue but if I don't find one i will order the touch-up stick from COLOR-RITE tommorow. Have a good Holiday Kim!

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
I nicked my tank too when I was messing around with the PVC fork upgrade thing. I ordered some touch-up paint from my dealer. Now, get this. It's apparantly a paint pen, but it also has a base coat that is sold separately. They're like $15 bucks a piece! I told them to just order then paint, and I'll take my chances. I'm due to pick it up next week, so I'll see how it goes.

Later,

Emrah

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Hey Kim, I found a touch-up bottle on clearance at an auto store that almost matched perfect. But, I only had a tiny nick on side of front fender next to shock. You can really not notice it. But, if you have a chip on tank, well then , I think I'd want a better touch up.

Any way, the Holeshot bars... how far did you turn them downward ? I put mine far down, but think I'll have to turn them more up-right for comfort this spring, how bout you ? The down turn looks cool, and puts you into a sportier stance, but it puts a heavy stain on wrists. I hope a further up position feels better, and still gives the sport stance. We'll see...

Tony.

PS, I broke those little plastic seats on inner grip housings a year ago while monkeying with stock bars. I just tighten the crap out of the screws, and I'm able to adjust the whole housing around the bar. I have no problem with the grips or housing turning around the bar, or slipping. Worst case , They start to slip, or screw hole strips, then I'll shell out for replacements. No big. I do have them really tight, though, in order to hold safely.

TonyTony.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, I put my bars in a standard position and the handling is great, I just had time to go around a few blocks but response to input is well impoved. My wife bought them as a Christmas gift. The bar ends are Lockhart Philips that they sell at Holeshot. I found a color close match at the autoparts store the chip is small so this fix will do. The color is Electric Blue for a Dodge auto, not perfect but close. Kim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts