RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a pair of Kombi inner gloves. They look a bit like Michael Jackson's dance gloves with shinny threads. They claimed cool in summer and warm in winter. For Aus$20, I have to try it.

It's about 30 degrees centigrade today, and I must say my palms felt much cooler.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I've been using some cheaparse thin polyester inners from the $2 shop - not too bad

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i've got some thin polyester glove liners that i got from the outdoor clothing store. they make a big difference when it's cold. never tried them when it's warm.

scott :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
for short rides i have a buddy that rides with laytex rubber gloves under his riding gloves. you can pick them up for $.50 .

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Don't worry about it AP, I'm still pissed off about what I paid for my ZR7, and that was a year ago. Tom :D

and everything I've bought for the bike since. With the exception being the Pilot jacket I got from Jarel some time ago.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
The military uses thin cotton gloves for use under the NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) gloves. You may be able to find them at your local Surplus store. I don't know the cost, but I'd say more than .50 cents but less than a couple bucks. They'd soak up sweat real good. That's what they're made for.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Nah - I'm not saying you got ripped off AP. I wear leather Lewis gauntlets that I bought in London a million years ago. But in cold weather, my fingers just about drop off, plus with the the wear they've had over the years, they are a bit thin to comfortably hold the bike grips for a long period of time. So I wanted to somehow pad them out/make them thicker/bulkier and warmer at the same time. With my cheap-arse solution I have achieved everything except coolness in hot weather. So your solution is probably better.

·
82nd Chairborne
120 Posts
i got a pair of light weight polypropelene gloves under my riding gloves . . .
they keep my hands wicked warm and wick the moisture away from my sweaty palms.

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
I guess I have a zillion pairs of gloves but they all have velcro wrist fastners, which shread the lining of my new retro jacket when worn inside the sleeve. I found my old ( 15yo old ) pair of Spidi KR (snr !) gloves that were perfect since they zipped up. The inner lining had disintegrated so I to bought a pair of those Michael Jackson gloves and now they fit like...err a glove :D

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts