RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got some bar end weights from lockhart phillips for some after market bars but i think they might work for stock bars too! weights like these are available in most parts stores for under $10. they're almost twice as heavy as the dinky ones used on the unfaired zr-7. these are regular aluminum but they also come in anodized colors.

here's a pic of the weight with its rubber compression mounting hardware...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
and here's the lockhart phillips end mounted to the stock bar. i just remove the LP mounting hardware and then attached it with the stock screw. removing the stock ends is a real bear, make sure you have a good screwdriver or the screw will strip. make sure you use locktite when you install it or it may rattle loose and fall off.

they're heavier and nicer looking than the weights that come with the zr-7. i don't know how they compare to the zr-7s weights but they do come in anodized red and i think in purple if you want a color coordinated do-dad.

this was the first pair i bought but then i saw some blue ones and had to have them :) i don't feel right returning these since i used them so i'll sell them in the sale/trade forum for $7 including shipping.

scott :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts