RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got into an apartment today. Really, really nice place. I can't believe how cheap real estate is around here (coming from So Cal). I moved (sort of) most of my stuff in today, but my electricity doesn't get turned on till tomorrow (Fri.) so I'm in the hotel one last night. I've been lugging around the U-haul trailer around since Sat. morning (4 days travelling, 2 days driving around locally, many, many miles), so I can't tell you how happy I am to finally get rid of that damned thing!

Unfortunately, my phone won't get turned on till next Thursday, so I'll be incommunicado (internet-wise) for a week or so.:( so I can't post. Ugh....

The job prospect looks ok for now. I was at the local bar here and ran into a guy from Evernham Motorsports who told me to come by tomorrow and he'd show me the shop. At least I have an "in", literally. No promises, of course, but it sure beats just dropping a resume at the front desk with the receptionist like I spent my entire day doing. By the way, if any of you are NASCAR fans, you've GOT to stop by Dale Earnhardt Inc. (DEI). This place is referred to as the "Garage Mahal" Unfreakin'believable! The place is HUUUUUGE. You walk in and there are 3-storey-tall ceilings, immaculate surfaces, mirrored glass everything, a museum, gift store, and car and trophy showcase area the size of most of the other race teams' entire shops! You don't even get to SEE a receptionist here; you drop your resume with security! The place has to be seen to be believed! Chip Ganassis' shop is pretty close. I hear Joe Gibbs Racing shop is even bigger than DEI. Those guys aren't even taking resumes. Neither is Robert Yates Racing. Oh well....

I have a prospect for part time stuff on a truck team (un-sponsored) until I get into a good gig. Oh well, I'll do what I can.

See ya till next week guys.

Ride safe,

Emrah

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, how do you castrate a Good Ole Boy? Kick his sister in the chin! :laugh:

No, not messin' 'round with kin. No sheep around either. :eek:

Seriously though, they do have some very pretty women down here. And they're all really friendly (I mean in a nice genuine way). Kind of weird, but the people here kind of remind me of Wisconsin. Very friendly and down to earth over there too. I dig it here.

Emrah

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Big culture shock than the way folks treat ya in Ca. I talked to a guy up in Alpine yesterday from N.J....he was shocked that someone would just come up and start talking to him...of course he was on a bike (H-D Road King) and he was looking like he needed some help. Seems he retired about a year ago, loaded up the R.V. and the scoot and headed for better climate. I turned him onto some roads and told him how to find the local H-D shops (he needed an oil change)....but it's good to hear you're well on your way Emrah. I'm sure you'll be working before long... If you're ever get back this way, don't be shy man, let me know and we'll try to hook up.

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
emrah said:
Hey, how do you castrate a Good Ole Boy? Kick his sister in the chin! :laugh:

No, not messin' 'round with kin. No sheep around either. :eek:

Seriously though, they do have some very pretty women down here. And they're all really friendly (I mean in a nice genuine way). Kind of weird, but the people here kind of remind me of Wisconsin. Very friendly and down to earth over there too. I dig it here.

Emrah
In some of our more "rural" counties here in NC the big question of the day goes something like this -- "Hey, maaan, If I divorce my wife will she still be my cousin?" But most of NC, Charlotte, Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, my home - Fayetteville, are really great places to live. Anyway, welcome to North Carolina. Tom :D

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
yeah, friendly folks and pretty girls down there. my friend said the same thing when he moved. of course he moved there after living in NYC for 2 years and it was quite a culture shock. he said sometimes he really just wanted someone to bump into him and tell him to f--k off :)

scott :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts