RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a 2003 Z1000 for about 3 years , I did the 636 suspension swap, zx14 wheels swap, calipers, rotors, brake lines, zx9 header. I loved the bike but decided I wanted something different. So, I sold the Z, bought an 06 R1, sold that, bought an 05 Speed Triple, long story short. I'm back with with a new to me 2010 Z. AND AM LOVING IT. It really is an unbelievable bike. So much smoother and tighter than the old model, with gobs of torque down low, and a suspension that feels much more planted.

I've only had it for a week, and most of the miles where riding it home from Kentucky to North East Ohio. So im really looking forward to hitting some twisty roads and really open her up.

Just wanted to share a few pics, and say i'm glad to be back....

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Welcome Home... That's a great looking bike!

·
Premium Member
6,454 Posts
On the stand it looks like it is ready to lunge out onto the road. Looks very aggressive. I like it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The race stand always makes em look faster !.... Its actually a trick I've used when selling bikes in the past. I always use a race stand pic ha.

Racingtiger, you were right, not disappointed one bit ! Sorry I had to put the pic up... but rest assured, she came to a good home...

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I'm thinking of doing the wheels all black, got any input ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
great looking bike, ill tell you this if you do paint the wheels all black its pretty much guaranteed to make to bike look smaller dont no if you want that or not. it just a trick our eyes play on us when doing perception of size. like when you see a bike with rim strip and then you take it off, just looks smaller.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RAWZ, I agree, all black wheels does make it appear smaller, at least I know it did on my 03 Z ..... Anyone with photoshop skills care to do me a favor ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
what paint is everyone using for the stock cans? I want!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ace hardware sells a BBQ paint, withstands up to 1200 degrees. Autozone also sells a high temp, up to 2000 degree I believe. Both work great.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you just spray it all on there? Doesn't matter if some gets inside the exhaust pipe?
Any overspray that finds its way into the exhaust can will just burn off, it will be minimal though. Just make sure you prep the cans by sanding them, and making sure they're clean. I used 400 grit to scuff the surface, which gives the paint something to hold on to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts