RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up to be careful out there. Some folks just need their driver's license taken away. I was out for a ride and was riding in one lane that was merging with another. Neither lane was ending, they were just coming together to parallel. The idgit in the other lane then proceeds to lean on his/her horn and aggressively cross over into MY lane as the solid white line switched over to a dashed line. Some folks .... they just need an ___ whoopin'.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yesterday as I'm in my truck and trailer pulling out of a Publix parking lot, approaching the stop sign at idle speed, well within my own lane...

Some dizzy broad comes whipping in off the road at speed, swings way over into my lane, I jam on the air brakes and stop. She narrowly misses taking herself out via my front bumper.

This isn't really abnormal, but what made this different is, AS she made the turn, she was ALREADY flipping ME off!

She had the bird already in the air before she hit her apex!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
This isn't really abnormal, but what made this different is, AS she made the turn, she was ALREADY flipping ME off!
I don't think that's unusual at all now. Many times I've seen someone pull a boneheaded move, then flip off the person who calls them on it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
At intersections where people are turning left from the cross street and heading in the opposite direction I'm coming from (have I lost you yet?)... why do they think they have the right to cut the corner short and drive across the opposing turn lane? Many times I have been given the evil eye or the finger as drivers have to make mid-turn corrections when I roll up into the turn lane as they have already begun turning... I just point down at the yellow line to indicate that I am rightfully in my lane and they are not. If a car or truck pulled up they wouldn't get bent out of shape like that.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I don't think that's unusual at all now. Many times I've seen someone pull a boneheaded move, then flip off the person who calls them on it. :rolleyes:
Well, normally I'd have been hollering and gesturing by this point... but I had my GF's son with me and I didn't say or do anything. I just stopped the truck.

The other thing is, I'm in Georgia, where most everyone is super polite. I felt like I was back in Long Beach California when I saw this nitwit!

·
Registered
34 Posts
This past weekend someone in a Tundra merged into right hand lane and never saw the dual sport that was there. Its road, shoulder, wall (like a freeway but this was not a freeway just a busy road, speed limit 50, avg speed 65+ except for the few that go 40-45). Guy on the bike lost is leg, turns out he was an off duty CHP, the Tundra never stopped. Cops are still looking for it. There are thousands of silver Tundras here.

·
Registered
631 Posts
We have more than our share of idiots, unfortunately.
Oh I definitely agree, but that's the first time I've gotten the bird from anybody in the 3 months I've been here! Usually they just drive like retards and politely go on their way!

·
Registered
996 Posts
At intersections where people are turning left from the cross street and heading in the opposite direction I'm coming from (have I lost you yet?)... why do they think they have the right to cut the corner short and drive across the opposing turn lane? Many times I have been given the evil eye or the finger as drivers have to make mid-turn corrections when I roll up into the turn lane as they have already begun turning... I just point down at the yellow line to indicate that I am rightfully in my lane and they are not. If a car or truck pulled up they wouldn't get bent out of shape like that.
I am not lost, but I AM laughing!

There's this one intersection on my way home, where I am both people in the same situation. Left hand turn lane for me to go north, with the northbound left turn lane to go west. I LOVE getting to the line just as my light goes red. I stop at the limit line, which you can't see becuase people have driven over it and worn it away. People just cannot seem to turn properly, even though there are dashed white lines to "guide" people through the turn. See link for the intersection:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...Op0pYF-wOXfCiqwc75ebUA&cbp=12,304.34,,0,26.87

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Driving thru Lexington, VA, yesterday...2-lane one way street, I'm in the right lane...just ahead of me...young woman in a compact car in the left lane - starting to turn right, and of course without using a turn signal. :rolleyes: Yeah.

She almost hit me. I saw her and knew what was coming. I would have stopped in time, but luckily she managed a quick glance over her shoulder and saw me, too, and stopped. I zipped around her and just shook my head.

Ya know, I have to credit motorcycling with making me a better driver/rider. I can read situations and react to them much better and more quickly now than I could before I started riding. :righton:

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I was at a back road intersection. Stopped at the white line a couple of feet from the yellow line with my left turn signal on. Guy in a truck coming from my right not only was going to cut the corner, he was heading right for me. When I stood up preparing to bail off the bike he noticed me and corrected and proceeded to drive very slowly for the next couple hundred feet. I was probably wiping his coffee off his lap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well this doesn't have to deal with idiot drivers, but it's kind of a stupid/funny story.

My dad's friend drives a Goldwing and doesn't really do highways all that much. So the one day he took it he had to pay a toll through ez-pass. He slowed down like normal, and after it read his pass he started to accelerate, and one of the toll workers decided he could run in front of him and make it across.

Nope. Instead he trips and falls flat on his face right in front of the bike. My dad's friend had to lock up all the wheels and the bike fell on his leg. He was able to ride it home by switching gears with the heel of his boot lol...

anyway he broke his leg in 4 places and they had to put a metal thing in there. He just wants to be able to ride sooner haha.

Stupid people are stupid!

·
Registered
1 Posts
More often than not I think when some bozo make a makes a bone head mistake in traffic it scares them so bad the fight or flight syndrom kicks in and the fight comes out because they can't run/correct their mistake. So they take it out on us by getting angry and flipping us off.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ya know, I have to credit motorcycling with making me a better driver/rider. I can read situations and react to them much better and more quickly now than I could before I started riding. :righton:
+1 on that thought.

When my wife starting riding her own bike I told her "you have to know what the other guy is gonna do even before they know"

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
So the one day he took it he had to pay a toll through ez-pass. He slowed down like normal, and after it read his pass he started to accelerate, and one of the toll workers decided he could run in front of him and make it across.
I got an EZ Pass last month and have used it on the bike. Love it. No more taking off glove, fumbling for ticket and cash. But now I have something else to worry about. Thanks a lot. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got an EZ Pass last month and have used it on the bike. Love it. No more taking off glove, fumbling for ticket and cash. But now I have something else to worry about. Thanks a lot. :rolleyes:

:laugh:
I would hope this is a one in a million kinda thing that never happens again...god forbid a man ran out and tripped under a car or something!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts