RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on another board. See if you can identify what type of bike this is (or at least, what it USED to be!)

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
It looks like someone watched too many OCC episodes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Martin64 said:
It looks like someone watched too many OCC episodes.
Nah, this one is more original than those, at least. Now given, it is quite a bit of an eye sore, but it is definitely different than anything else out there. The choppers on OCC are just mix and match paint schemes, really. This thing definitely has some work into it.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
It looks like a Suzuki motor and, yes, it is different.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
It was a bandit 600. Wow its ugly now! :barf:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Man, I tried all kinds of internet searches using all the graphics put on the bike...Air Force, George Carrera, street fighter, etc...

Couldn't get a thing.

I figured the frame was the thing...but how can you quickly search and match a specific frame...

EBAY!!!

So, I think I finally made the match...

A Suzuki Katana. It' the older model made from like the late 80's till like '98. I loved the Katanas. With the shark gills on the fairing and the smooth curvy lines...

I couldn't tell you what size (600 or 750), but I'd guess 600 from what's left of the original bike. At least from looking at the forks I'd say it's the 600.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will-Lee Wonka said:
Man, I tried all kinds of internet searches using all the graphics put on the bike...Air Force, George Carrera, street fighter, etc...

Couldn't get a thing.

I figured the frame was the thing...but how can you quickly search and match a specific frame...

EBAY!!!

So, I think I finally made the match...

A Suzuki Katana. It' the older model made from like the late 80's till like '98. I loved the Katanas. With the shark gills on the fairing and the smooth curvy lines...

I couldn't tell you what size (600 or 750), but I'd guess 600 from what's left of the original bike. At least from looking at the forks I'd say it's the 600.
Bam! You got it! Nice job!

I believe it's a Kat 600 with a Bandit 1200 motor implanted into it, but I have no idea. It looks to have a Z1000 tank and a CBR600 rear wheel, but pretty much custom everything else. The front wheel and forks look to be stock Suzuki items though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's not a Z1000 tank. At first that's how I tried to match it was with the tank.

I had a hunch it was the Kat and honestly it was the firt bike I searched...

Where did you find that beast?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will-Lee Wonka said:
It's not a Z1000 tank. At first that's how I tried to match it was with the tank.

I had a hunch it was the Kat and honestly it was the firt bike I searched...

Where did you find that beast?
Someone on the FZ1 forum posted it simply as a "wtf is this thing". Someone thought it was a Z1000 (and I thought the tank was from it, but I see the subtle differences now) and it developed into an "Identify this bike" contest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts