RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bought a Corbin seat last night at the bike show in Philly. What is the best way to take care of it? Also how long did it take for others to get theirs'?

·
The Commander
5,020 Posts
Corbin makes every seat to order, so it does take a while to receive it. During our group order I believe it was in the 3-6 week range. Probably depends on what Corbin's workload is like at the time. I just use plain old auto parts store leather cleaner on my seat, and that seems to be working fine. Corbin also sells leather-care products.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Beeswax stuff called Sno-seal. It protects the leather and helps keep it waterproof. You put it on with a hair dryer. It's cheap (around $US3.50 here for a 100gm tube).

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I ordered mine on about December 29, 2001, and I am still waiting for it. I'm not complaining. They said about 4 to 6 weeks.

·
Registered
988 Posts
(Hee hee) it took just 5 weeks to get one all the way here to Oz - so how come it takes 4-6 weeks for you guys? Or maybe I was just lucky?

:) :) :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
scottmac, i've been impressed with what i've heard of sno-seal but i'm wondering if it's a good bet for my seat. first, i have the corbin in carbon black leather. does sno-seal work on this stuff? second, i need protection from morning dew but that's about it for water. i live in southern cali and the bike rarely (if ever) sees rain. protection from sun would be much better. what are your thoughts?

scott :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts