RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site it’s my first zr7 the standard jets was chewed up by previous owner so I fitted #38 pilots and 112 mains with 1 shim on each needle has and scorpion end can iv removed the egr but I can’t get the bike to run rite the Tick over is up n down all over the place and when revved up it bogs and sounds like it’s only firing on 3 cylinders can any one shed some light thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
EGR removal should not make any difference unless you've left an air leak in the air box or did not cap the vacuum line from the carb to the EGR actuator.

Exhaust can shouldn't really make much difference.

There are a lot of other questions to cover when adjusting jets & needles such as:

Is the air filter in place or is the air box open when testing? You need the back pressure the filter provides to run correct.

How did the bike run before you made the changes?

Was this a kit? You said you had needle shims but that is not a stock option.

Did you put the same size jets in all 4 carbs? There are 2 different jets sizes on the stock setup.
From the service manual : " lnstall the needle jet holder, noting the following.
The #1 and #4 carburetor has 0.7 mm x 14 holes
The #2 and #3 carburetor has 0.6 mm x 18 holes"

Did you clean the carbs while apart? It's easy to dislodge some crud and plug the fine passageways.

Have you checked for spark on all 4 spark plugs?

Have you checked for air leaks on the carb boots (air box to carb and carb to engine head)?

Did you adjust the pilot screws from underneath the carbs?

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Here's how to find the service manual if you don't have a copy yet:

It's good for a variety of things!

Or you can purchase them online or from the dealer. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts