RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
curvy country roads are one thing... but mountain roads are completely different.

how is everyone doing?

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
I hear ya...

I know what you mean Dave.... Having missed this spring's ride, I'm getting antsy for another gathering and really don't want to wait until next May.

But, there have not been any rumblings about a fall ride. Is it getting old? Or are some of us getting old???

Well, I'll keep watching this part of the forum to see if anyone decides that they, too, need a fall gathering. I just hope it's before it gets too cold.

If not... Next May is on! My youngest daughter will graduate from College, but that is the first weekend in May. So, I'm golden next year. :alcy:

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
Yeah. I'm good. Not happy about missing ROTR and my August ROTR didn't fly. It doesn't look like there will be a fall ride. A lot of the usuals have not been online here lately. I guess the economy is taking its toll. Or maybe the ZR-7 crowd has al but gone away. I think Kelly and Gump are the 2 sole surviving ZR ownwers. Maybe Andrew still has his. I miss mine.

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Miss yours???

Or maybe the ZR-8 crowd has al but gone away. I think Kelly and Gump are the 2 sole surviving ZR ownwers. Maybe Andrew still has his. I miss mine.
Sellers Remorse, Jon??? I guess after you've had a bike as long as we've had the ZR's, you just get used to them and even an better, more modern machine can't be "all that". At least not initially....

They had demo rides at the local Victory dealer a couple of weeks ago. I had a chance to ride two different machines. Both were powerful, comfortable and competent. But, neither could woo me away from my ZR.... I'm firmly attached to it at the moment....

So, if/when the next ROTR occurs.... my "BLURPLE" '02 should be there with me upon it. I look forward to seeing your new ride.... hopefully it will be at that same, next, ROTR. :alcy:

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
I hope to be there Gump with my Galaxy Blue (Or Yamaha Blurple) FJR.

·
Gold Member
186 Posts
Yeah. I'm good. Not happy about missing ROTR and my August ROTR didn't fly. It doesn't look like there will be a fall ride. A lot of the usuals have not been online here lately. I guess the economy is taking its toll. Or maybe the ZR-7 crowd has al but gone away. I think Kelly and Gump are the 2 sole surviving ZR ownwers. Maybe Andrew still has his. I miss mine.
Hi Jon. I've still got mine.
http://www.riderforums.com/showpost.php?p=639235&postcount=972

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Riding..... I suspect....

Speaking of missing roads and people anyone know what happened to Serp. Doesn't look like he has posted since February...
Siege, I seem to recall at last (2009) spring's ROTR Serp said he would not make the 2010 gathering as he had a couple of "big" trips planned. I can only assume that he is out tooling around on 2 wheels somewhere. Although, I'm like you and am accustomed to him at least checking in from time to time.....

Hoping that all is well with him, and you for that matter!!!! :alcy:

·
Premium Member
6,454 Posts
Wife still has her ZR7 and I still haven't made a ROTR. One of these days...

·
Registered
645 Posts
I can only assume that he is out tooling around on 2 wheels somewhere. Although, I'm like you and am accustomed to him at least checking in from time to time.....

Hoping that all is well with him, and you for that matter!!!! :alcy:
I hope so!

All is well with me although I've been spending a lot more time this summer peddleing my bicycle rather than the Z. Its worked out rather we'll so far. Did the Cleveland triathlon a little over a month ago. Did the sprint distance so 1/2 mile swim, 16 mile bike, 5km run. My goal was 2 hours and I managed 1:58min. Pretty proud of that. I passed a lot of skinny people making that time. :woot: Still only finished 191/289 people but still not bad. So I'm working at getting in much better shape and assuming I can watch what I eat this winter I'll be a much leaner (and faster) C.J. at ROTR 10!

How about you Gump?

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
Congrats CJ.

I wonder about some people too. Havent heard from Berto in ages. Havent heard from Kelly or Vera in a while either. I think Throb has posted. That old guy whats his name... Tom Bozeman. lol I know he's still around but aweful quiet!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys!! I just want to make sure you know you have enough interested for the 2011 ROTR. You can count me and hopefully my friend in. My uncle and I made the ROTR 5.5 and 6 (I think those are the ones :alcy:) It was the best riding I have EVER experienced!!! My uncle is Kawamania (Jack) if you remember him. And I (Ryan) was on my black/silver gsxr 1000. He has been bikeless for a couple years now and I dont forsee another bike in the near future. But thats not stopping me from coming back. I have been riding my local boring roads trying to find SOMETHING to give me the same feeling as those twisteis did, but nothing compares. Hopefully my buddy can get off work to come too. I keep telling him about ROTR, and I am pretty sure he is sick of hearing about it!!!:blah: But he'll understand if he can make it out. Words cant do it justice. WOW!! Sorry about the rant.. Just thinking back to ROTR gets me excited.:dance: I hope to see you guys soon!

Ryan

·
Registered
568 Posts
Kent and I haven't made ROTR for a few years, either. Between my boss getting that weekend off for the last 2 and the slow economy, we couldn't make it. Have made it to the mountains, though, in the summer for the Raider Rally. Still want another ROTR! Hoping to join all of you for 2011.:alcy:

·
Authorized Vendor
877 Posts
Still have my trusty 01 red ZR7S. Photo biz is slowly taking off so my weekends get spent snapping away pics. I see the bike int he garage and just keep saying I need to ride more. New biz, kids, family, full time gig just keep me away too much.

·
3,609 Posts
I will be at the 2011 ROTR. I just got back from Deal's Gap this past weekend and am going again with my wife on October 8-10th.

I think the group got burned out having two rides a year, so it looks like we should probably switch back to the annual format for now. Let's start planning the 2011 May Ride, I'll start a new thread.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am still here and 99% sure I will be at ROTR 10. Actually I am heading to the mountains the first week in Oct. Not sure exactly where I will be or when as I will just be going wherever the bike takes me.

Stan, I can try to meet up with you for part of a day on the weekend you will be thee. Are you going to be on the Beemer or Suzi?

·
3,609 Posts
Stan, I can try to meet up with you for part of a day on the weekend you will be thee. Are you going to be on the Beemer or Suzi?
Hi Rob, we'll be on the Beemer. We'll be getting there on Friday morning and leaving Sunday for a quick trip. Staying at Fontana Village. Maybe we can meet for lunch or dinner on Friday?

·
3,609 Posts
Hey guys!! I just want to make sure you know you have enough interested for the 2011 ROTR. You can count me and hopefully my friend in. My uncle and I made the ROTR 5.5 and 6 (I think those are the ones :alcy:) It was the best riding I have EVER experienced!!! My uncle is Kawamania (Jack) if you remember him. And I (Ryan) was on my black/silver gsxr 1000. He has been bikeless for a couple years now and I dont forsee another bike in the near future. But thats not stopping me from coming back. I have been riding my local boring roads trying to find SOMETHING to give me the same feeling as those twisteis did, but nothing compares. Hopefully my buddy can get off work to come too. I keep telling him about ROTR, and I am pretty sure he is sick of hearing about it!!!:blah: But he'll understand if he can make it out. Words cant do it justice. WOW!! Sorry about the rant.. Just thinking back to ROTR gets me excited.:dance: I hope to see you guys soon!

Ryan
Good hearing from you Ryan! See you in May

1 - 20 of 23 Posts