RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will determine whether or not I spend $300+ on a new router. I just changed a setting on my present router and I need to know within the next 12 hours how many and what errors if any that come up. Please post em here.
Thanks,

·
Registered
373 Posts
I was kicked off three time in a row about 2 hrs ago. The last time I was not able to reconnect. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
499 Posts
new router

I don't know if the trouble with this board being unavailable during normal daylight hours has to do with the router or not but, is there anything to be done from this end? This board is not available until later in the day and has been like that for nearly a week. It is becoming very irritating. Maybe your ISP is freaked. Anyway, thanks for all the work you're doing here. It is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I'll sell you my Craftsman router for 50 bucks. Sorry. :( I haven't had any trouble getting aboard today, but the last few days were pretty bad.

kelly

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: new router

Hey jajamase,
I think the biggest reason for the site working in the evening is because it's when I'm home and I can troubleshoot, during the day I'm not here and there is nothing I can do. This last setting change I did with the router is my last attempt at being able to use this one. If it doesn't fix everything I am going to shell out the money to buy a buisiness class router. I do know that all of the errors users are recieving are being caused by the router, because I can always ping my ip from the outside and I can always view the site on the local side. I will see how it goes the next couple of hours and go from there, right now I just don't have the money to buy something if I don't need it. :(

jajamase said:
I don't know if the trouble with this board being unavailable during normal daylight hours has to do with the router or not but, is there anything to be done from this end? This board is not available until later in the day and has been like that for nearly a week. It is becoming very irritating. Maybe your ISP is freaked. Anyway, thanks for all the work you're doing here. It is appreciated.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, :laugh: thanks for the laugh I needed it. Well the new settings I made were at 5:15pm EST so hopefully from this time on all will be alright unless it's something I am screwing with then there might be a short outage here and there.

kelly said:
I'll sell you my Craftsman router for 50 bucks. Sorry. :( I haven't had any trouble getting aboard today, but the last few days were pretty bad.

kelly

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Hey George, glad to see you can still laugh about all this. Since I'm in the same time zone I haven't noticed the daytime problems except today (a federal holiday), and yea I should have been working around the house anyway. Your patience will pay off on this I'm sure. Been me, I'd have probably panicked and pulled all the plugs by now. Keep up the good work. tom :cool:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm getting pretty close to throwing the towel in on this, if it's not one thing it's another. I just ordered the new router even though this one is working fine on the new setting, I just don't like how it is being used to do it(security reasons), but to make things worse I come home and the clocks are flashing 12:00 and I automatically said fudge<---being polite so I guess sometime today we had a power outage that lasted longer then the battery backup did. So now it looks like I will be ordering a bigger ups here soon. Anyway I apologize for all the mishaps and outages lately. The new router is second day air so I should see it thursday, all database info and files are backedup so there is no worry on losing any info if the worse would happen so don't worry about that. So just please hang in there and all will be better by this weekend. :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i'm on the west coast and i've noticed that many times the site just doesn't come up. more during business hours which is when you're not there to troubleshoot.

while this is really frustrating i understand you're working hard to get things rolling and appreciate it. i've got the patience to wait and i'll send you a few bucks on paypal next paycheck.

thanks for all your efforts.

scott

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Thanks George. Keep up the good fight, you will win.

Scott, your not surfing the web at work are you? ;) hehe

Andy

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
C'mon folks, let's be patient. The master is at work!! Just a thought, if George says "to hell with it all" -- whose gonna step in and save the ZR community??? Tom :eek: :~ :?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm with Tom, let's be patient.

I will admit to getting very frustrated a couple of days ago. However, I know how hard it is to trouble-shoot networking issues. And in this case, it's all done in spare time and as "volunteer work".

Hell, I'd have probably chucked all the hardware out the window, sold my bike, and joined a monestary or something by now. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi NUTNDUN

Yes you did have a long power outage. Lancaster, York, and Morgantown areas were affected. Power was out for at least an hour or so. Although the power only 'blinked' where I live in Lancaster.

And just FYI, I also had trouble access the site for the last week. It was intermittent, sometimes you could get through but most times you couldn't. I always did get a good return from a ping as well. I was trying from home and work. It is working good today.

I would not worry about getting another UPS, I am sure it did what it is supposed to and they are very expensive. We rarly get outages that last that long anyway.

I hope everyone can be patient. Please remember everyone, NUTNDUN is doing this on his own time and equipment and I think he has done a great job.

Hang in there NUTNDUN, you will get these bugs squashed.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So how was it having the board available all day? LOL anyway it seems like it is fairly fast tonight. I should be getting the new router by tommorrow or worst case scenario would be on friday, so when I do get it the site will be down for probably an hour to give me time to enter the routing table and the port forwarding. My goal is to make the site run itself except for normal backups which I would have to do, that way I can return to being a zr-7 community user instead of fixing it :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the router didn't show up today so that means it will be here tomorrow. So everyone please prepare for the site being down for at the most an hour while I get everything hooked up and programmed. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm loving this new router, now I have full firewall up and I can walk away for more then an hour and not have to worry. I guess the old router didn't have enough memory to be able to keep the firewall up and forward the required ports to the server, but then again it was a home use router :smilewink Seems like the site is alot more consistent now too. Anyway thanks to everyone for being patient throughout all of this :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts