RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to come on this site in my 20’s, I loved riding motorcycles. Now I’m 45 with 3 kids. Hope y’all are still having fun! Check my profile, member since 2005. Some good memories on this site. Now I ride a bicycle, LMAO.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
I agree it's not like it was... and I'm only 9 years old here :) (joined Jan 2013)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nope, your not old. Sometimes it feels that way though. I am 63 and am still riding. Both my kids are married and I have two grandkids. My son rides and he and I are heading up into the NC mountains tomorrow for a weekend ride. I started riding when I was 21 and am still enjoying it. I just finished 9 days in Europe and did 2500 miles in those nine days. I don't really spend much time on forums (to busy with life) but your post caught my eye. Toby Keith has a great song titled "Don't let the old man in". Good song to live by. The pic is from my ride. It took me 10+ years to pull this off but I finally did it. Don't give up on your dreams, and your not old.
Sky Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, should have said "older". Also I am now replying with a ...uh... clearer head. Yeah I don't feel old, but I definitely have a different perspective than when I was in my 20's/30's and blasting around on my ZR-7 and later my R6. So I'll give you a brief update, I moved to Southeast NC in 2006 and everything is flat and straight here. I had all these plans to drive out to the mountains and do track days but as we started having kids and they started growing up my free time became less and less. So I ended up selling the bike and figured maybe someday I'll get back to it. That was what, maybe 10 years ago. I miss it sometimes, but man it is a different environment now with all the distracted driving, I respect the heck out of anyone still out there on 2 wheels. Anyway, keep 'em both down, ya'll have fun out there, and if you feel bold enough, pop a wheelie for the old man.

Reactions: motocopter

·
Registered
930 Posts
This is one of my current plans and probably for the coming years when I want to get to different areas. It's inexpensive, easy to load, and a hoot to ride. Could it work for you @scrubdog24?

Drove to Townsend, TN for a couple of days of riding.
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

And, over to the Dragon for some photos.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Helmet Automotive tire

·
Registered
401 Posts
The little KLX looks like a blast. Now that I’m getting older, any bike I own must be lighter than the previous one. I can handle a heavier bike, I just prefer them light.
The zr7S is no lightweight but it ain’t bad either. The extra few pounds comes in handy for highway stability.

Just yesterday, riding with my brother, we had to ride thirty five miles of highway to get to the rural roads we were heading for. At between 80 and 90 mph indicated, the 7 is as steady as a rock. (Im assuming my modified forks have something to do with that). Cars drive fast these days and there’s more of them than ever. It used to be high gas prices kept them off the road.

On the ride home, after completing the last of the thirty five mile highway leg, when we got to the first stop sign, we lifted our face shields and said the same thing at the same time… Rt 24 SUCKS!
These days it’s wisest to choose when and where you ride to stay safe.
I find Sunday mornings at 5:30 to no later than 6:00 AM is the best time to hit the road. You’ll get a couple of hours to yourself before the masses wake up.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Know what you mean about a bike with some mass and omph. After riding the KLX for several consecutive rides, the AT fells like a superbike. That 95 hp, dual disc brakes, and adv stability makes for a great riding bike. It cracks me up how easy the KLX is to ride. The only bike easier to ride might be a scooter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Joined in 2004, and I still have the same Z1000 as i had back then!
And I am 2 years older than you :)
I wish I still had mine. This place was rocking back then. I had to rejoin as I forgot my original sign in and have changed emails. Oh well. Post a picture of your Z. Mine was orange. This was around 2007
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Helmet Automotive lighting

·
Registered
6 Posts
I joined back when I had my 2K8Z1K. Then, it was the Concours 14. Both are gone now. Definitely not hopping like the past. @scrubdog24 kids grow up and leave to have their own life. You'll be riding a motorcycle again.

View attachment 123786

View attachment 123785
Both of them bikes are nice. Always thought about Concours but as I get aged weight becomes an issue. Not so much riding as turning around in tight spots and parking lots 🤦🏻‍♂️.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Both of them bikes are nice. Always thought about Concours but as I get aged weight becomes an issue. Not so much riding as turning around in tight spots and parking lots 🤦🏻‍♂️.
The weight, especially when loaded. I did have a short run with a '21 Goldwing DCT (non-tour) as that weight is different. Took it cross country once and realized the experience is not the same anymore. Sold that with 8,500 miles after about eight months. I'm happy with the AT and KLX these days.

Still plenty I'd like to see in the northwest as I've only made one run up there. That was back in '15 on the C14. Thinking one more long run with the AT, or in a 4x4 vehicle that I don't have right now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wish I still had mine. This place was rocking back then. I had to rejoin as I forgot my original sign in and have changed emails. Oh well. Post a picture of your Z. Mine was orange. This was around 2007
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

Picture taken yesterday. Iceland and Newfoundland somewhwere in the background :)

My sons GSX 125 next to my Z

1 - 20 of 24 Posts