·
Registered
586 Posts
yut ughh

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know i know, its been brought up a million times. well from now on we can just direct everyone to that website

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys, thanks for link! Really appreciate it:)

Here is a little update as of last week: All the videos on the site (so far) have been transcribed, so now you can do text based search to find areas of interest. Take a look:

http://www.howtowheelie.info/category/grab-some-throttle/

...I think it also saves some people time in figuring out if they want to watch a 10 minute video on the subject. Sometimes you need to see something to understand it, sometimes you can just read it. Now you can do both:)

The next steps are to allow users to suggest other tutorials, and I'd like to open up a little section of pics and videos that aren't 'instructional', but are just folks showing you 'how it's done' and maybe give away some t-shirts or something fun.

In the meantime, if anyone knows of other public tutorials, shoot an email on the about us page and I'll take a look. And if you if are one of our Facebook Fans, 'unlike' and 'like' us again... everything got screwed up and most of the people got frozen, thanks to a bug. There are only about 65 of us on there, but that is because everyone else are a bunch of pussies:)

Take care, be safe, and if you can't keep both tires on the road, at least try to keep one on the ground; front or back, your choice:)

·
Registered
540 Posts
your avatar needs to learn some steady throttle control. :)

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he has no right foot.. need that rear brake to bring you back down :)
he's clearly crippled; you just applaud the fact that he able to do what he does.

·
Registered
366 Posts
DISCLAIMER: "That said, this website is for your research and educational purposes only, and is not accountable for what you do with any information posted on this website. Wheelies are inherently dangerous stunts (and are illegal on public streets, parking lots, and elsewhere) so do not attempt to do this stunt, or any other stunt, while at home or in public."

Research & educational purposes only? Please!

·
Registered
2 Posts
eheheh busted:) But I never meant to imply I actually know what the hell I'm doing... which is why nowhere on the site will you see a tutorial from me; I left that up to the pros:)

Here is my angle: Basically I was trying to learn how to do wheelies myself and ended up looking hard and long for free info... so I decided to turn my bookmarks into a mini website, so other people wouldn't have to sort through as much **** as I did to get a handle on how to do them. You guys know may know what YOU are doing, but when it comes to 4 page stickied threads in forums, I'm going to argue about 80% of everything on the subject is crap, from the perspective of a noob.

The other thing is that I'm a search engine optimizer and social media marketer, and I wanted to get my hands on some of the cooler 'Facebook Connect' technology myself, and really understand how 'like' buttons and 'shares' actually work, where they actually show up, etc. When you do that with a regular e-commerce site no one has a vested interest in checking out your website and sharing it with their friends. What I learn on my 'for fun' site, I will be able to apply in other 'for profit' ventures or consulting...

...And, I also genuinely love bikes I got my first dirt bike when I was 4 years old, rode until I was 18 and got into my second pretty serious accident. Then I got my first roadbike last year, totaled it on an oil spill at an intersection, and just got bike number two. I went with my girl to see the XDL Championships at Daytona and now am dying to learn how to do 12s... but not with my bike I want to get a 50cc and **** around on that before I start dropping my nice shiny 400lb bike on top of myself

Anyway, that's my story... not sure if the FB links will work for you, because they recently locked up everyone's privacy, but if you can, I think they say enough....

So I don't know what a squid sounds like, but I know what one sounds like on a Ducati:) I also know what one sounded like on a dog sled after 12 years racing around the world. And come to think of it, I remember what I must have sounded like when I first showed up at my first Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class 3 years ago, because I happened to hear the gasp of crippled squid last night, right before I choked the MFer out:)

heheheeh so say whatever you like about me and my little site. I have a very long history of not giving a ****:)

It's nice to meet you:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts