RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gold Member/Community Dad
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone given any thought to Hosting a "How To _____" session to regional folks to give them that extra boost of confidence to do their own Maintenance. I known it's a common thing among various Riding Clubs. If someone out there has done the "Valve Adjustment Procedure" for instance. They could do a "How To Session" one Saturday/Sunday for a group of 5-10 people.

True, we have the How-To guides on the ZR-7.com web site. They are very helpful. But I think more folks would pick it up doing their own maintenance or more of it by benefit of the "experienced mechanic" show and tell.

Anyone here in the Southeast willing to teach/show the way on one of these?

Berto

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Just come on by the house in about 2 weeks....I'll be doing my valves then... :).....just bein' a smart @ss. But seriously, I will be doing my valves in about 2 weeks and anyone that wants to come by is more than welcome. But I think one of the reasons it hasn't been done in the past is the distance between ZR owners. Time is also a problem. Valve adjustments would be better than watching figure skating, but not near as much fun as riding.... :cool:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
hey martin. i may come by then and synch my carbs since i need it and you'll have all the tools out. i think that smoke coming out when i close the throttle is because the mixture screws are a little too rich so i'll get those too.

scott :)

·
Gold Member/Community Dad
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Martin,

You have a bit higher mileage than most of us, don't ya? Plus you've done the valves before? What a trooper! If I was within 200-250 (justifies another ride?) miles I'd be over there in a heartbeat!

I tinks you da man!

Berto

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
ROAD TRIP!!!!.....:laugh:

Hey Scott, I'll let ya know for sure. I have drill this week-end, I'm gonaa try for next week end, but the gaskets may not come in time so I may have to wait an extra week for them to come in. I may try to get them in Fresno this week-end if they have them at "Wilson's" or "Clawson"..... I'm gonna do it on a Sat so I can get the shims I'll probably need. "House of Motorcycles" is the closest shop to me that carries them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
this is actually a great idea. i dont know that much about the mechanics of motorcycles but i'd love to learn.

Martin, do you think i could come down and see what you are up to when you do the valves? I will be in the SoCal area for another few weeks. please send me a PM if it's okay with info on when you are doing the maintainence.

thanks

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Sure, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Guess who's comin' to Dinner?

Marty,

I'll be in San Diego in a couple of weeks. Some friends and I are coming to play in your big sand-box. Send me an email and I'll give you a call when we arrive. To bad I can't bring the bike with me.:mecry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts