RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently got my 2012 Ninja 650 and want to record some video with my GoPro HD Hero cam. I've seen videos on youtube where they have used a suction mount on the tank and it gives a great view through the screen and shows the instruments, etc. Now, when I try to put my suction mount on the tank, it just won't stick. I've tried behind the filler cap, on top of the filler cap, and on the back of the tank. It doesn't even try to stay on any of those places. I've seen people mention mounting it in front of the filler cap but the ignition key is there! So, if any of you have successfully used a GoPro suction mount on the tank of a 2012 650 I would appreciate it if you can share how you fixed it! I know the suction mount works ok - I tried it on other places and it sticks just fine..... just not on the tank!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd already seen that link before when I searched on Google. Unfortunately the only mount on the tank is on a ZX Ninja and uses a custom mount, not the suction mount. That custom mount doesn't fit on the 2012 Ninja 650 :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about the suction cup mount?
that's my original question - I want to use the suction mount but it doesn't stick to my tank. Some people suggest in front of the tank, but on the 2012 Ninja 650 the ignition key is there and nowhere to use it there. It doesn't grip on top of the filler cap, and it doesn't grip on the back of the tank, where the tank guard is. I'll just have to keep persevering, or maybe make my own bracket

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
my gps I use in my car came with a disk with sticky tape on one side that you'd use to mount to your vehicle if you couldn't mount your gps on your windshield and then the suction thingie would work.

Try this-
Find something flat that the suction cup sticks to and get good 2-sided tape and stick it on the tank. Wait 24 hours before using.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts