RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I'm just curious to know what type of mileage we all have on our 650's... quick little story bout my bike.
Bought her new in 06' with 8 miles. I rode her everyday to school and the occasional weekend rides. Now I live in Phoenix, AZ drove to college everyday for 2 years with a 30mile one way commute and have just over 30,000 on it now. so I put about 15k on the bike in a year and a half.... YIKES
At about 20k my stator had went out on the highway, replaced that with an 08' stator and she's back to life. As of that incident I've had nothing but good luck with the bike. I still smile when I open it up just like the day I left the dealership!!!:mouthwate

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

So, just would like to hear what you all think about your 650's and how many miles you got on them?
HamMan650-

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
I wouldn't worry at all. McRider has over 80k on his. I average 18k+ per year on bikes, so I wouldn't say "yikes" to your 18month total. ;) Got just over 20k on my '06 right now, no problems that I haven't caused...

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
I don't see any reason why a 650R shouldn't last well past 150k if well cared for. That is my intention for mine atleast. Should take me a few years though ;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
150k? thats a lot of miles. Id think by that point the tranny will need to be re-built haha. I am very impressed tho with Kawi on this model. I don't push the bike farther then it should but i do get on it occasionally,, who doesn't?? But yes I'm sure ill still be riding it at 75k

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Naw, tranny should last even longer. :) My last two bikes were in **** poor condition when I bought them. Both had about 50k on the odo. I ran them til they wore out, both around 100k. I could have repaired both of them, but I almost made money or broke even selling them for parts. Let me stress the poor condition they were in when I bought them (read: they were very cheap).

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok i see where your coming from.. I am surprised to how well the clutch (springs;plates etc...) are holding up... on my 250 kawi i had to replace the springs after 10k,,, maybe bad batch idk. LIke I said though, i don't ever really get on it. but yes 100k would be an awesome photo moment,, haha wonder what the bike would look like. I guess like we all know, its all about how you treat the bike...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I bought my 07 in February of last year, didn't start riding till April when I took my MSF. Riding season is short in NJ and I got her with 26xx on the odometer, and put a little over 4000 miles on it. I hate driving my car now lol.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I just took the luggage off mine though so I will have to take the car more often when I need to haul stuff.
You wouldn't happen to be looking to sell aforementioned luggage would you? :glassesti :wink:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I just took the luggage off mine though so I will have to take the car more often when I need to haul stuff.
+1 - do ya wanna sell yer luggage???? Smash has first dibs - but hey let us know if you decide to get rid of it!!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
at what mileage did we all do valve clearance checks?? I'm not gonna lie, I'm at 30k and have yet to open up the valve cover HAHA. from past experience shim under bucket hardly ever needs changing unless you run the **** out of the bike. I can hear it pretty good, but also its a twin, their always loud when it comes to valve train.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
That's what I figured, but worth a shot!! HamMan, check the manual for valve clearance checks, I can't remember. I've got 20k on mine, average 15-20k per year, so I'll check the clearances next fall before it gets too cold to work in the garage.

·
Registered
970 Posts
That's what I figured, but worth a shot!! HamMan, check the manual for valve clearance checks, I can't remember. I've got 20k on mine, average 15-20k per year, so I'll check the clearances next fall before it gets too cold to work in the garage.
Sadly the rails won't fit your bike.

I adjusted my valves at 15k, but only because the bike wasn't running well. After a second, corrective adjustment it seems to be running great again.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.