RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious how long you guys have owned your Z. I have a feeling that this is one of those bikes that most people hold onto for a long time (especially considering how few there are and how hard they are to find for sale).

Barring any kind of financial catastrophes I plan on keeping my Z for a long time. I've only had it about 2 months so far, but I don't see ever trading it for something else. It's just got too much character and fits my personality too well. Eventually I may add another bike, but I don't think I could ever get rid of this one. It also helps that I've wanted one since they came out in 2003.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have had mine for 2 years now. Its a great bike and no major problems. There are a lot of people that ask what the bike is and if i took the fairings off. Its defiantly something different then what you normally see in the US.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just ending my second season with around 16k for mileage, I'll probably hold on to this bike a little longer since the resale on these isn't that great!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Bought mine new in May of '06. I don't plan on ever getting rid of it, maybe add another bike but my love affair with this thing is maybe stronger than ever. Once my new front end gets put on, I think I'll be even happier.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought mine just this past Easter sunday...I've got absolutely no intentions of getting rid of it, which says alot considering I've owned 7 other bikes over the last 3 years, only one of which I've kept...

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I bought my 07 in March of 08, so it's been 2-1/2 years. I still love her as much as the day I bought her... although, the 2011 in all black is mighty tempting. But I would still be in the Z family!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Got a great deal on my 07 Z in December 08, used with 1,400 miles on it. Now it's got just over 7,000.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Got my Z in April. Have only got to ride it for about 10 days but put 900 miles on it in those 10 days :). Great bike cant wait to ride it again!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Two years now and wouldn't change a single thing about my experience with her. She has taken good care of me and we have been through a few sticky situations together. I take pretty good care of her too actually, providing her with some nice gold bits that she seems to like to wear when she wants to go out dancing.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bought her in '03 and it's still a blast to ride. Plan on riding to Raystown Lake next weekend, for a little fishing and relaxing. It's about a 2.5hr ride, and the scenery is great! Not selling my Z anytime soon!

·
Registered
250 Posts
1 year now. Bought it last October. Left over 08' that they wanted off the floor. I love this bike! Have had cruisers, a Harley and 2 supersports and this is by far my favorite. Loved them all but this one speaks to me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bought her in '03 and it's still a blast to ride. Plan on riding to Raystown Lake next weekend, for a little fishing and relaxing. It's about a 2.5hr ride, and the scenery is great! Not selling my Z anytime soon!
Where in Central PA are you from? Im in Altoona....just rode through Raystown last wknd...great trip and scenery...would be cool to meet up with another Z owner!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I've had mine since Feb '07. I've always been partial to Kawis, but when the Z came out in '03 the looks didn't win me over at first (especially the funky stock exhaust), but then I grew to love it. I almost got a ZRX instead (might get one someday still) but I'm very glad I got the Z. Plan on keeping my Z for a long time.

:alcy:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts