RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I’m considering a Z900 or Z650. Sitting on them both in the showroom I find them a little cramped. I know they will not be cruiser comfortable but how are they on the highway for all day rides.
Has anyone added a bar riser, adjusted bar angle, or adjusted the foot peg placement and had good results with making it more comfortable?
Anything else done to help comfort?

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you're looking to add all of these that you listed, Z900 or Z650 is not for you. Start with Ninja 1000 instead.

·
Silver Member
10 Posts
Did you try the Versys? Either the 650 or 1000 would have a much more relaxed riding position. Both offer comparable performance to the bikes you are considering. I have a 2016 Versys 650 and have been very pleased with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never tried either of them. I like them but have no interest in off roading so I’d be paying for capability I wouldn’t use.

·
Silver Member
10 Posts
Except for the increased ground clearance, neither bike is made for off-road use. They each have cast wheels and 17” front wheels, just like the z-series bikes. The 650 in particular handles as well as its z650 cousin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Something to consider. The Z are lower priced and where I am there are a few late models available for great deals. I’m going to have to do some test riding. There’s a few I like. The Z, Yamaha MT 07 and 09, xsr 700 and 900, cb 650 and 1000.
I want a bike I can ride on the highway for full days but more importantly-one I can pay cash for. Currently saving up and will save till I have enough.
I sat on the Z at the bike show and it felt a little cramped but have been told that while riding the wind can the wind pushing on your chest actually makes it easier to ride. Won’t know till I ride it

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
You can "visually" compare bikes you may be interested in vs one's you know are comfortable for you using this website.

It's not Kawasaki specific which is nice too.

It will let you compare a variety of bikes side by side to see what should be comfy for you based on one you know is comfy. After narrowing your search using this tool you can then go and find some real examples to sit on to see how they measure up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts