RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently bought a 2013 Ninja 650 that hadn’t been ran in about four years prior to the purchase, i got it running but it runs very rich how can i fix it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just recently bought a 2013 Ninja 650 that hadn’t been ran in about four years prior to the purchase, i got it running but it runs very rich how can i fix it?
I own a '13 as well. Mine hasn't ran in over a year, in process of getting there with limited time working overtime.
I would say if you've done the basics. Filters, plugs. Then I'd run a half can of seafoam on a tank or so. My need to knock some cob webs out

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I own a '13 as well. Mine hasn't ran in over a year, in process of getting there with limited time working overtime.
I would say if you've done the basics. Filters, plugs. Then I'd run a half can of seafoam on a tank or so. My need to knock some cob webs out

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,727 Posts
Is the O2 sensor plugged in to your exhaust? If it is, try taking it out and cleaning it with mineral turpentine/petrol (gently).

If it is sooted up it will give a false reading to the ECU which will then richen up the fuel to compensate for the reading.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are several steps to identifying that your motorcycle is running rich. Check for stuck open butterfly valves, for stuck open floats, if the needle is sticking in the carburetor. Or the basic is to clean the air filter and change your O2 sensors. That's it! And congratulations on the new purchase, for as many adventures together! I was also super excited about the new VMAX that I bought a year ago. I was ready to go on a European tour with it. But I changed my mind. I said it would be better to rent the motorcycle in the country where I will be. And I recommend this to everyone; you can see the beginner guide to motorcycle hire in any country in Europe.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There are several steps to identifying that your motorcycle is running rich. Check for stuck open butterfly valves, for stuck open floats, if the needle is sticking in the carburetor.
Our bikes are fuel injected. No carb/needles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts