RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was beginning to think it never would come back online..

I haven't seen this type of complete lack of reliability since my uncle's Harley back in the mid 80's.

:spit:

·
Registered
780 Posts
I was beginning to think it never would come back online..

I haven't seen this type of complete lack of reliability since my uncle's Harley back in the mid 80's.

:spit:

I am sick of this forum going down all the time... I will be posting at meanriders.com instead of this one... we all should make the leap

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thank God for Meanriders!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I am sick of this forum going down all the time... I will be posting at meanriders.com instead of this one... we all should make the leap
It certainly is frustrating. Maybe the Mods would be willing to give us a heads up as to why this has been happening?

·
Registered
598 Posts
It certainly is frustrating. Maybe the Mods would be willing to give us a heads up as to why this has been happening?
Doubtful. We just need to archive the important threads and make the move.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Several
have offered to financially help out, but it was recieved on deaf ears. This is
a great board when it is available, but the up and down is inexcusable.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Thank God for Meanriders!
I didn't say a word. I know nothing...NOTHING!!!

Doubtful. We just need to archive the important threads and make the move.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Several
have offered to financially help out, but it was recieved on deaf ears. This is
a great board when it is available, but the up and down is inexcusable.
Hmmm... Sounds like an idear right there...

·
Registered
27 Posts
HOLY CRAP

:wtf: some of you are very entertaining ,"thank god for meanriders" "lets go to meanriders" "this is inexcusable" i gotta say "HOLY CRAP" why are you guys back on here then ? last I checked this is "FREE,FREE,FREE !!!" boys get off your high horses. I am pretty obsessed with my bike too,but you guys take this a bit too seriously. MAYBE,you guys should take the time and effort to start your own 'PERFECT' site.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ok I don't usually do this because I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to pull people away from one particular forum but I too get tired of having a forum go down. So here goes.......

There is a forum on delphi http://forums.delphiforums.com/kawvulcan/start
It is the Kawasaki Vulcan Riders Forum It has a section dedicated to the Meanstreak but it does not get much traffic? Probably because most of you are here??
It is a great group of people and I think I have even seen a couple of you over there. They even have a reunion every year and I have met alot of them in person so fwiw I think it would be a natural transition. The only reason I don't go to Meanriders is that I don't care for the layout. the colors make it very hard for me to read??? I just don't care to work that hard?

dj

eta: Oh yeah and there are ALOT of very helpful and knowlegable people over there! There is a wealth of knowledge about everything Vulcan there!!!

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
This is what happened at the ninja650 forum I was on back in '07. We lost a lot of great information when that forum went bye bye.

Archiving useful information is a great idea.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
:wtf: some of you are very entertaining ,"thank god for meanriders" "lets go to meanriders" "this is inexcusable" i gotta say "HOLY CRAP" why are you guys back on here then ? last I checked this is "FREE,FREE,FREE !!!" boys get off your high horses. I am pretty obsessed with my bike too,but you guys take this a bit too seriously. MAYBE,you guys should take the time and effort to start your own 'PERFECT' site.
seriously?... sounds familiar... kinda like me and austin did when this site went down for a few days and we started meanriders.com...

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Ok I don't usually do this because I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to pull people away from one particular forum but I too get tired of having a forum go down. So here goes.......

There is a forum on delphi http://forums.delphiforums.com/kawvulcan/start
It is the Kawasaki Vulcan Riders Forum It has a section dedicated to the Meanstreak but it does not get much traffic? Probably because most of you are here??
It is a great group of people and I think I have even seen a couple of you over there. They even have a reunion every year and I have met alot of them in person so fwiw I think it would be a natural transition. The only reason I don't go to Meanriders is that I don't care for the layout. the colors make it very hard for me to read??? I just don't care to work that hard?

dj

eta: Oh yeah and there are ALOT of very helpful and knowlegable people over there! There is a wealth of knowledge about everything Vulcan there!!!
I went there a couple of times, but I don't like the user interface as much as this style forum.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Because for some people, it's never enough nor appreciated. You give, they want more. It's a "me" society.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
I'm a moderator and I dont know why the forum was down for a few days. It is hosted by one person and maybe he was away. Heaven forbid he have a life and not sit there watching the server 24-7. I know he had server problems a while back and thought that was all fixed. When it goes down I send an email and if he is able he usually gets it right back up. Yes it has been frustrating lately, but believe me the administrator does the best he can.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Because for some people, it's never enough nor appreciated. You give, they want more. It's a "me" society.
Your right, it's free so why should we bit$h? Wait I know... All the other sites don't go down every other day and leave us looking for some place else to go!

AMF
Adios My Friends

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm a moderator and I dont know why the forum was down for a few days. It is hosted by one person and maybe he was away. Heaven forbid he have a life and not sit there watching the server 24-7. I know he had server problems a while back and thought that was all fixed. When it goes down I send an email and if he is able he usually gets it right back up. Yes it has been frustrating lately, but believe me the administrator and the forum host do the best they can.
Some of us appreciate the work you guys do for free. Therefore, Thank you.

If a forum is so crucial for some people who can't live a day or two without it, that's a pretty sad life. Perhaps they should get out more and ride.

·
Registered
184 Posts
LOL I'm hurt, all this talk and not one mention of "www.meanieforums.com"
I have had the site up for over a year now and yes most of you are already members but lets get it going.
Its been down 1 time in the last year.
I am also looking for help over there with trying to revamp and give it a more appealing look.

Anyways you know where to find me.
(oh yeah i am messing with the themes so they will change until I find one thats suitable so bear with me)

For those of you who are already members, Thanks for the support!!!

Tuff

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Some of us appreciate the work you guys do for free. Therefore, Thank you.

If a forum is so crucial for some people who can't live a day or two without it, that's a pretty sad life. Perhaps they should get out more and ride.
+1
no such thing as loyalty anymore,,a little glitch and everyone hightailing it out of here

·
Registered
598 Posts
Very much appreciated, and have said so several times, but when you offer to help and it is not accepted, and the site keeps going down, it is very agravating. If only one person controls the board, maybe he should have a couple of mods that have admin rights also to help out. Its not about me, it about helping others in a dependable manner. People depend on this site for help with mechanical issues, comradere, financial help by using the marketplace, and just a good place to BS about a hobby we all enjoy. Is it asking too much to have the site reliably available?

·
Registered
598 Posts
LOL I'm hurt, all this talk and not one mention of "www.meanieforums.com"
I have had the site up for over a year now and yes most of you are already members but lets get it going.
Its been down 1 time in the last year.
I am also looking for help over there with trying to revamp and give it a more appealing look.

Anyways you know where to find me.
(oh yeah i am messing with the themes so they will change until I find one thats suitable so bear with me)

For those of you who are already members, Thanks for the support!!!

Tuff
Sorry Tuff, I metioned it in another thread. Meanriders, meanieforums, and several others don't seem to have the issues this board seems to have.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts