RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Silver Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these? If so what was the improvements and also the negatives. Is there a better alternative. Cost is not as important to me but safety and functionality is. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
418 Posts
I know there are a few people in this forum that swear by them. I just ordered a set myself and will get them installed early next week. I've been riding the bike long enough to notice a difference so I'll be sure to give you my 2 cents.

I have attached a picture of them (in the box) For you to look at:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Don't know about these but I have the Hyperpro fork kit and it's great!
Netlore is that your new jets and shims in the bag?

Aris

·
Registered
304 Posts
The truth about Progressive Suspension

Folks,

I was going to be part of the R&D effort for ZR-7 project last year. Progressive supplied me with the poop on the springs and a set to go out and try. I never got around to installing the springs.:yell:

Dale Walker of Holeshot Performance worked with Progressive to create his spring product for the ZR-7. When you order the Holeshot kit you are getting Progressive's part number 11-1126.

More info:

Stock ZR-7 springs - 40 LB/IN :(

Progressive/Holeshot Part #11-1126 is 35 to 50 LB/IN:cool:

Progressive Heavy Duty Part #11-1145 is 40 to 65 LB/IN:eek:

I have the Heavy Duty units in the box just waiting to be installed!:mecry: These are the same springs used in the Suzuki SV650 and about 20 other bikes.

The PVC preload adjustment is working pretty good for me right now.

I hope this helps to clear the air about brand P and H.

Philip
'00 ZR-7

·
Registered
304 Posts
Netlore

Netlore,

What Progressive part number did you end up with?

Thanks,

Philip

·
Registered
304 Posts
Fork oil Wt

Scott,

I think all of the spring companies recommend 15 Wt fork oil as a rule of thumb.

Back in the 80's most of the (Honda) bikes where shipping with Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF). This stuff was some where around 5~10 Wt. I think ATF was replaced with straight 10 Wt by most of the Mfg's.

Good luck!

Philip
'00 Stock oil and PVC preload

·
Silver Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is the price the same dfor holeshot and progressive. is one better to order from? i dealt with holeshot in the past but money is money.

·
Silver Member
154 Posts
Re: The truth about Progressive Suspension

Pdarnall said:

Progressive Heavy Duty Part #11-1145 is 40 to 65 LB/IN:eek:

I have the Heavy Duty units in the box just waiting to be installed!:mecry: These are the same springs used in the Suzuki SV650 and about 20 other bikes.

Have you installed them yet? Whatcha' think??

:)
Bowman

1 - 13 of 13 Posts