RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a fastener freak for quite some time. It turns out that every bike I get I wind up replacing most of the bolts with SS allen head bolts or ARP SS bolts like they use on racecars. I really like the ARP stuff but its a bit pricey usually around $5 per bolt but I did replace my caliper bolts with them anyway. Let me get to the point of this thread if you are like me, you can replace most of the engine and clutch cover bolts with nice reasonably priced stainless steel allen heads. Go to http://www.rachnafasteners.com/ and do a search for allen bolts in stainless you can order them online and usually have them on your doorstep in 2 days if you are on the east coast that is. I usually goto the Z1000 parts book and look up the thread sizes and lengths first. If you like the bolts polished like I do I put my electric drill in a vise and spin each bolt one at time while holding a shop rag with a dap of Flitz (metal polish) against the bolt head until the desired finish is obtained. This just might be something to keep busy with while waiting for winter to end.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts