RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was attempting to adjust the idle back to 1100 rpm and now it won't start. I turned the screw all the way clockwise until it wouldn't turn anymore then turned counterclockwise 2 and a half times.....( I'm pretty sure I read that in the service manual) Help!!!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Are you referring to the idle knob that does all 4 carbs or to the screws under the carbs?

air adjustment screws under carbs (1 per carb) - these do not adjust idle
Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Electrical wiring Gas Machine

idle knob (1 knob adjusts all 4 carb butterflies) - this is the only thing that adjusts idle.
Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Auto part Machine

I assume when you say it won't start that is still turns over? Have you double checked it's in neutral, side kickstand down, run/kill switch by throttle is set to run?
Did you do anything else to the bike other than adjust the knob?

Reactions: csmyth42001

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm referring to the one knob by itself that your able to access on the side of the bike. I literally fired the bike up starting adjust the idle got it to 1100 opened up the throttle 3 or 4 times and when I did it bogged out on me but kept running so I tried to adjust it some more and nothing was happening by now I've lost count how many turns and like a dumass started turning the know clockwise bike cut out and wouldn't start. So I took the carburetors off again to look at the idle screw and the thing it's connected to, thinking maybe it's messed up. No it's fine I just put everything back together.... and nothing. I'm thinking because of the smell of gas it was running too rich.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts