RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
carb broke around the main jet need a new one and cant seem to find one anywhere, please help, anyone have one they would sell for a fair price?

·
Registered
254 Posts
i saw some on ebay bro

·
Registered
198 Posts
how can a carb break?

·
Registered
986 Posts
You'll be very luck to find a single carb, and even luckier for it to be the one you need.
All the ones I've seen on e-bay have been full banks of four.
In the UK I'd expect to pay between £75 and £100 ($100-$150) plus shipping.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't find them for under $450, Ive looked repeatedly. And I was taking them apart to clean then was taking out a bolt and a chunk just fell off right beside the main jet.

·
SPAM Cop
1,072 Posts
I have a set of 4 ZR-7(S) carbs I will sell for $70 shipped. I take PayPal

They have been off the bike for 3 years, so I don't know if the gaskets are dry.

It worked when I removed it. I will take pictures later. I will be busy until Wednesday night

·
SPAM Cop
1,072 Posts
They worked when I took them off the bike several years ago. They are dusty/dirty and need to be cleaned. It looks like the factory idle plug has not been removed, so these are most likely totally stock carbs.

you can see the other pictures here:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/16522656

·
SPAM Cop
1,072 Posts
Anyone have a carb sync gauge recommendation?
Morgan carbtune. If you have the money, buy it. Don't mess around with anything else. sometimes you can get one on ebay. If you don't have the money, I think you can find a do-it-yourself carb tuner somewhere on this website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a smoke problem, what do you guys think?

I just got this 2000 ZR 7 that's been sitting for 3+ years and it is smoking, I am trying to diagnose the issue, the oil is clean it has power for days and starts with the white/gray smoke after it warms up.. Mechanics won't discuss it with me and I want to tackle this right. This bike has 2500 miles on it and is clean as they come after 10+ years old. I find it difficult to believe it might be the head, but if it is, what is a reasonable price to pay to fix that. Thanks for the input..:alcy:
ps it ran perfect upon storage..

·
Registered
986 Posts
Mods, Could you move this to the maintenance section please!

MSPECK,
first of all :welcome: to the forum.

Now to your problem:
Difficult to diagnose from the other side of the world, but a 10 year old bike with 2500 miles under its wheels :eek:

My initial thoughts are either 1) the piston rings, or 2) the valve stem oil seals.

1 -After a long period of inactivity have the rings may be stuck in the pistons.
If they are they will probably loosen off with use and your smoke problem will get less and less with time.

2 - If they have dried out the valve guide oil seals may have cracked, allowing oil to get into the engine or exhuast (or both)

From your description of the smoke only starting once the bike has warmed up, I would tend to favour the valve stem seal possibility.

Cylinder head off job I'm afraid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the input Graeme, the smoke has already gotten less and less, fortunately! Still smokin a little though. My concern was damaging the machine by riding it, but I was assured that I needed to until I met with symptoms that stated otherwise, The things got all of it's power and I'm stoked to have a motorcycle fall into my lap at an affordable price. Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll look forward to seeing your posts.. as I will let you know how my project turns out. I'll change the fluids again and look for anything wrong, any other ideas on being sure there isn't a deeper problem?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts