RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motorcycle makes very annoying sparking noise when I accelerate just a little bit, let me clarify that the noise is like sparks but that's not real spark, that sounds like that.

And annoying noise is only coming when engine is hot.

Please help me about this.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

This kind of question needs a bit more information as it could be a multitude of things.

1. what year, make, model of bike do you have?
2. is it chain drive or shaft?
3. is this a new sound that just started or something that's been there a while?
4. have you recently had or done any work to the motorcycle?
5. can you share a video / sound clip of the issue?

My initial thoughts are either engine (low oil, valves, timing chain, loose spark plug wire), drive chain too loose or something on the body loose.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My motorcycle makes very annoying sparking noise when I accelerate just a little bit, let me clarify that the noise is like sparks but that's not real spark, that sounds like that.

And annoying noise is only coming when engine is hot.

Please help me about this.
Could be exhaust leak or 'pinging' from spark plugs. Check your exhaust and check your spark plugs, depending on how much miles you have on the bike, it would be good idea to change the spark plugs just in case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be exhaust leak or 'pinging' from spark plugs. Check your exhaust and check your spark plugs, depending on how much miles you have on the bike, it would be good idea to change the spark plugs just in case.
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

This kind of question needs a bit more information as it could be a multitude of things.

1. what year, make, model of bike do you have?
2. is it chain drive or shaft?
3. is this a new sound that just started or something that's been there a while?
4. have you recently had or done any work to the motorcycle?
5. can you share a video / sound clip of the issue?

My initial thoughts are either engine (low oil, valves, timing chain, loose spark plug wire), drive chain too loose or something on the body loose.
I have tried the steps but cannot resolve it, seems like it is the issue inside the engine, but ****t service centre of my company doesn't want my motorcycle's engine to be opened, they are saying it is not an issue and we can't open the engine just because of the noise you hear.

So I sold my motorcycle without having too much loss and purchased a new one.

Old motorcycle brand & model - Bajaj Platina es100
(I am an Indian and would like to give you that do not purchase Indian motorcycle brands they are ****t, as our country is, sadly)

I purchased Honda CB Shine 125 which is like buttery smooth and no issues at all.

Thank you both for spending your time to write me your thoughts. Peace ✌

1 - 4 of 4 Posts