RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Looking for some help here.
I have started my first naked modifications on my 650r
I took off all the fairings but I have one problem....
My turn signals were attached to them, thus I have no turn signals on either side of my bike
I don't know of any watch to re attach them without the fairing
Maybe I have to buy some type of new turn signals which mount on.....what?
Really need some help here guys.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Try searching for other naked 650R conversions. There are options for blinkers. You'll definitely going to have to buy some new stuff to make it naked.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I have a thread on this, and on Sammy's thread regarding his relay/headlight prob, there is some information that may help you as well. For me I could not use the OEM ones and it would have looked ugly imo, so after market was the way to go. The round ones were only like 20 bucks at CG.

Edit: Found it for you: My thread: http://www.riderforums.com/general-ninja-650r/79494-naked-ninja-650-a.html

Sammy's thread with some inspirational pictures for good looking naked bikes : http://www.riderforums.com/ninja-650r-performance-upgrades/79713-my-ninja-motard-streetfighter-thingy-project.html

Post #11 in this thread shows my bucket/mounts/blinkers/etc: http://www.riderforums.com/general-ninja-650r/79788-need-help-wiring-one-bulb-two-bulb-system.html

·
Registered
518 Posts
No need for Wild Hair. You need new mirrors right? Get some off Amazon with integrated turn signals.

Reactions: BachPirate

·
Registered
318 Posts
Any $20 turn signals from Amazon will work. If you go with LEDs, you'll need a no-load flasher. You can fab a mount from sheet aluminum and attach it to any available bolt in a convenient location. I used a round headlight with sheet metal headlight ears and mounted the turn signals to it.

Here's what we did with our Ninja 250. The headlight, brackets and signals are from Speedmoto.com:

Here's our 650r. LED turn signals. Same headlight brackets as on the 250, but with a larger headlight:

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you go with LEDs, you'll need a no-load flasher
I don't mean to steal this thread but I'm in the process of converting my 650R to a naked bike as well and just purchased LED Turns Signals from Amazon ( Amazon.com: TMS Universal Carbon Fiber Turn Signal Integrated Mirrors with Clear Len for Honda CBR 600 F4i 929 954 RR Suzuki GSXR 1000 Kawasaki ZX10r ZX6r ZX636 650R Yamaha FZR YZF 600 R6 R6s R1: Automotive ).

You mentioned needing a no-load flasher, would this work: 4pcs 50W 6 Ohm Load Resistor Fix LED Bulb Fast Hyper Flash Turn Signal Blink | eBay

Thanks.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't mean to steal this thread but I'm in the process of converting my 650R to a naked bike as well and just purchased LED Turns Signals from Amazon ( Amazon.com: TMS Universal Carbon Fiber Turn Signal Integrated Mirrors with Clear Len for Honda CBR 600 F4i 929 954 RR Suzuki GSXR 1000 Kawasaki ZX10r ZX6r ZX636 650R Yamaha FZR YZF 600 R6 R6s R1: Automotive ).

You mentioned needing a no-load flasher, would this work: 4pcs 50W 6 Ohm Load Resistor Fix LED Bulb Fast Hyper Flash Turn Signal Blink | eBay

Thanks.
I couldn't get your link to work (blocked by my office), but the one I used was from Amazon and plugged right into the existing flasher connection. You can adjust the flash rate.

It's at Amazon.com: Gen 2 LED Flasher Relay 2-Pin to Slow Signal for Kawasaki ZX6R, 636, Z750, Z1000, ZX12R, ZX10R, Ninja EX250, EX500 650R ZX7R ZX9R: Automotive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts