RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fellow meanie owners,

i recently picked up an 06 meanie and the seller didn't have the service manual and i just went to the beach this morning and accidentally left the lights on draining the battery to stone dead...now I need to jump start it and have no idea where the battery is located? help please?

·
Registered
219 Posts
under the seat

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
You need a 8 and 10mm socket if I remember correctly, 2 on the side and one on the rear fender assuming its a 2-up seat. You need to have a small extension on the ratchet to reach. Lift up and back with it, the front has a tongue it slides into on the frame.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
wcadaddy,
you should have a copy of the service manual, it'll come in very handy. there is a downloadable copy here. (thanks to canadianmeanie @ meanieforums). Good luck!

That is my account there :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
fellow meanie owners,

i recently picked up an 06 meanie and the seller didn't have the service manual and i just went to the beach this morning and accidentally left the lights on draining the battery to stone dead...now I need to jump start it and have no idea where the battery is located? help please?
If you are using a car to jump DO NOT have it running! Just hook up the cables. As long as the car battery is not weak there will be more than enough juice to start your meanie.

·
Registered
579 Posts
ok thanks, next stupid question.....do i need tools to take the seat off? how does it come off?
Should have the tools in tool kit behind the left side tin......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts