RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 13 years of ownership i finally dropped my bike. ( 06 Z1000 ) Fell over sitting in the driveway : P anyway i need help finding some decent case covers / sliders. blue would be nice on the sliders. Would like a good oem replcement for the cover hoping to not have to pay 200$ for one from the dealership. Some long levers from a good reputable brand no china brands. Also any one happen to have any good ideals on how to get dents out of the tank. tips / tricks? ty for any info : )

·
Registered
155 Posts
First and second gen covers are the same. 2nd gen look better imo. Used on ebay if you can find them usually aren't priced too bad and sometimes parts come up on Facebook Z1000 groups. As far as levers go I've been running the Chinese shorty levers and they are nice couldn't imagine the American levers being any better quality. If the dent isn't creased you might be able to get a paintless dent removal company to get it out otherwise will take a little filler and paint to fix it. If you were around North Alabama I could send you to a good repair shop

·
Registered
988 Posts
I dropped my ZR7 ON THE VERY FIRST DAY that I owned the brand new bike.

That hurt ... but I figured it could only get better from there.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ty for the info. I bought some ASA blue levers and made some new sliders / case protectors out of some 1 inch delrin pucks : ) The stock protector dident do much at 0 miles an hour so i figured they wouldent do anything as speed so i wanted something a little more substancial. 20190309_160816.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts