RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul and I were talking last week about the virtues of the Mean Streak. We will slowly work on his Harley dream bike. But through his experiences on this forum, he has come to appreciate both the people here and the Mean Streak itself. He'd like to get a cool bike to ride now while working on the HD project.

I'm posting this for Paul because he's crazy busy. If you come across a Mean Streak for sale in your local area thru Craigslist, newspaper ad, motorcycle showroom, one parked in a front yard with a for sale sign, or even ebay or this or other forums, please pass it on to Paul. His time on the forum is limited and he may not check this particular thread often. You can post responses here and I can remind him to check it or a more effective way is to email him at [email protected].

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Does he have a color preference or a color he wants to stay away from? I have a co-worker who has an '04 green mean streak sitting in his basement. He is a motorcycle owner, not a motorcycle rider so I'm sure it has low miles. I've been trying to talk him into letting some of his bikes go so I'm sure if he was approached with a fair offer he might be willing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
2005 KAWASAKI VN1600 MEAN STREAK CRUISER MOTORCYCLE

This is about an hour north of me in Kalamazoo Michigan. I know the owner who sold it to this "dealer". Its an 05 with roughly 11k miles. He had powdercoated/painted a lot of the chrome/plastic parts black. It has a Cobra Fuel Processor, HK 3" staggered pipes, a K&N filter, and it has the 210 rear wheel that was done by the guy in California. It has a small dent in the left side of the gas tank.

Oh, and as if you didn't already know, the $6500 price tag is ridiculous. My friend sold it to that guy because "they already had a buyer for it".... that was 3 months ago, and he sold it to them for $4800.

It's a solid bike though. The dent is from someone taking it for a short ride around the block and dropping it in the soft dirt/grass at the end of his driveway....................

Here's another one in my area. No pics, said it was laid down last summer and has light damage :dunno: 05 Kawasawki Mean Streak 1600

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Know that there are a great number of MS's out there. There are also a great deal with very few miles. I bought mine two years ago, '05 73 actual miles, $4400. Yea, it had been dropped, (not wrecked) but all evidence of that has need erased in the process of making it mine. But what in really saying is, be patient and look. You'll find a deal.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Same here. $3K, 2002, dent on the left side of the tank behind a badly scuffed badge. Actually it's surprisingly un-noticeable but I'm getting ready to do something about it (and watching Speedy's parts-painting thread with great interest...)

I can imagine that someone like Paul might like a cheap and less-than-perfect bike so he can really go to town on it. Personally I'd hate to waste a pristine bike like the '06 posted here for that purpose.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Everybody hold off for a little while. I might be buying diamond Jim's bike. Thanks for looking you guys are great!!!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Say it ain't so Jim! Say it ain't so!! Lol! Russell needing a new project already???
Asked him about that. He's already drooling over a 1700 Kawi that he and the old lady can two up more comfortably on. I suggested he follow my lead: have both!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts