RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually a mate pointed this out the other day and I must say I was surprised.

Have you seen how many new bikes on the market don't provide traditional Helmet Locks ? Next time you wander through a bike shop take a look. Cost saving gone mad.

I know if you gonna leave it unattended for a long time ( say the bike races ) you chain your helmet up, but for casual runs down the shop etc it would be a pain in the a** not having one.

:)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
some sport bike (honda f4 for example) have them hidden under the seat. you remove the seat and there's a little hook near the edge. just slip the helmet loop over it and clipp the seat back on.

scott :)

·
Gold Member/Community Dad
5,742 Posts
titomike said:
Have you seen how many new bikes on the market don't provide traditional Helmet Locks ? Next time you wander through a bike shop take a look. Cost saving gone mad.
:)
But they will gladly install the aftermarket Bar-End locks, etc...

·
3,610 Posts
I don't really trust the helmet lock on the ZR. I can bend the thin aluminum with my fingers. A few twists left to right and it would probably snap. If you really don't want your helmet stolen, then either take it with you, or don't buy an expensive helmet.

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Interesting topic for other bikes. Have you ever noticed how the lock on the ZR causes scratches from the other stand's foot ? You have to gently place the helmet around the stand's foot. Mine's all scratched up in one spot. Everyone thinks it's where I went down and hit my head !
:laugh: Tony

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
not as bad as the ninja 600 which hangs the helmet right over one of the two mufflers. what were they thinking? why did they even put it there?

scott :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts