RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone have this set up, can it be done for a '08 SE? I hurt my ankle, and want to install so I can ride a little more before the winter sets in here in the northeast. Thanks.

·
West Coast Moderator
13,030 Posts
It wouldn't be hard to have one built (and cheaper than $338 for boards and a shifter if you don't want the boards). If you can get your hands on another stock shifter for your bike and just have a heel shifter welded on, I'm sure it'll work for you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both, pricey. I only want the shifter - does it only come with the floor boards?

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Looks that way. Try calling the company. Seems like it would be kind of awkward though without a floorboard although I've never liked heel/toe setups.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looks that way. Try calling the company. Seems like it would be kind of awkward though without a floorboard although I've never liked heel/toe setups.
CALL before you order. Good luck and let us all know if they even have them.
Thanks.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hi,

Anyone have this set up, can it be done for a '08 SE? I hurt my ankle, and want to install so I can ride a little more before the winter sets in here in the northeast. Thanks.
I have heel/toe for my '02. I bought the 4 necessary parts from the Classic which cost about $52 total. I assume the '08 will still be the same as the earlier models. Therefore, I can't imagine why you couldn't use the parts from the Nomad or Classic. Then, all you'll need to do is purchase floorboards. I use the Cobra Swept.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi there new here from holland y have adapted some forewards i have put on heel toe controls wil post a [pic soon

greetings chrissi

without heel shift

wil post with heel shift tomorrow

·
Registered
580 Posts
You can buy a shift linkage made for a Nomad/Classic which extends out further and has the front shifter on the outside and the heel shifter inside, and can adjust to suit on the splines. Then just buy a heel shifter piece for a Nomad/Classic also, your forward shifter will be fine as is. EBay usually has these pieces for reasonable, but the linkage is somewhat of a PITA to install.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I got the set up from a nomad also from a used bike parts place along with the floor boards think it was 180 total.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all, the weld solution would've been the way I'd go - or I could put a nub on the back of my old boot's left heel so I could pull up the shifter from the front.

It appears I will be in an aircast for 2 more weeks... might just have to call it a season - pulled off 9500 mi. this year so can't complain. Maybe I'll get my servicing done since I can't ride anyway.

·
Registered
546 Posts
If it helps,after my accident my moto mech simply welded on a scrap heel shifter that he had from a harley onto the existing shifter.It has worked great and he didn't charge me a dime for it.Just an idea.He couldn't find a heel toe shifter for my meanie either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts