RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any pics out there of a 2010 Z1000 with the lower front cowl removed and header heat wrapped??

photoshop anyone????

I have seen a million threads on whether or not this is a good idea, and I am sure we will all draw our own opinions. I personally love the way it looks, but I am still unsure if the look out-weighs the seemingly negative effects.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Heat Wrap

I have a oo ZR 7 air cooled with heat wrap that's been on for years.
I like the way it looks, don't really know if it will keep your legs cooler.
Suppossedly it keeps the inside pipe hot and helps release the exhaust smoother. Since yours is water cooled I see no problem,just great looks at least. My two bits:alcy:
Peace
Fastacid

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The whole idea for me really comes down to looks. Definitely not complaining about the heat, and definitely not doing it for performance. These benefits would just be a by-product for me.

I just feel as though there is a little too much plastic on the bike, and it is almost too clean to be a naked bike compared to many of the others out there. The heat wrapping would just rough it up a little for me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
HEAT WRAP

Dude I don't have a picture of my 00 zr7 but the heat wrap looks awesome, Tough, hell yea
I have a Muzzy header it was easy to take off, Wrap the header with wet wrap, put grease on the new header washers to hold them in place and retighten.
I'll tell you the stock header was heavy as hell. But went head on into a tree and had too be replaced. Busted my balls ,litarally.
Peace:alcy:
Fastacid

1 - 8 of 8 Posts